Recommendation for RN handbook (pocket guide)Register Today!
- by tnguy31 Mar 21I have been out of the field for two years. Recently taking on a part-time job for hospice. I feel like all of the knowledge and skills from school are gone. I'm looking for a pocket guide for nursing skills, procedures: such as CADD pump, IV, foley cath, etc.. Does anyone has any recommendation? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
- 1,020 Views
- Mar 22 by hodgieRNHere's a web search I got. But I know what you are saying...there are too many out there and what guides are the best.
Check this search here.......
My favorite guides were the flip guid
I loved this book. It had everything! CPA, stroke, medications, lab values, emergergency.
The other book you may like is this. Cardiac, resp, neuro, drugs, lab values, Basic and systems, assessment. You might like ie....
- Mar 23 by tnguy31Thank you HodgieRN
- Mar 23 by Racer15I love that emergency and critical care pocket guide!!! The director for my department gives a copy of that to every new grad and it is so helpful.
- Mar 24 by hodgieRNNo problem. I used the flip guides everyday when I started out.
- Mar 24 by jordinriessRN Notes is great too. I have the psych version because I work in crisis, love it.