pharmacology online class
- 0Dec 1, '11 by tfaith09Im looking for a pharm class that I can take online, I am already in nursing school but my course plan doesn't offer a pharm class. I would really like to take one just for my own benefit to help with NCLEX and just my personal understanding of meds. I am having a lot of trouble finding a school that will let me take the class, offers it online, and wont require me to be on like a course plan, I live in TX so in state would be great for financial aid purpose but I am willing to look in to online schools based out of state if need be I just really think it would help me.
thank you so much
- 1,697 Views
- 0Dec 1, '11 by NurseToBe3I am in the nursing program at Mt. Hood Community College and I'm taking an online pharm class right now. Generally they want people to be in the program, but I know someone who took it and wasn't in the program. Mine isn't a memorization class. They give us all the info and we have weekly quizes, but it's more about "utilizing our resources". Maybe it would be an option, but I don't feel like I have learned a ton from it and I'm 10 weeks in to the term. Hope this helps!
- 0Dec 2, '11 by Kaligirl02IDK if you can use this, but Straighterline has a Pharm class online. It is ACE approved for 3 credit hours so it IS legit. Its ongoing enrollment and is a "learn at your own pace" kinda thing. Hope this helps. Do you know why your school doesnt offer pharm? That seems kinda strange right?
- 0Dec 3, '11 by zcoq72mehsQuote from Kaligirl02IDK if you can use this, but Straighterline has a Pharm class online. It is ACE approved for 3 credit hours so it IS legit. Its ongoing enrollment and is a "learn at your own pace" kinda thing. Hope this helps. Do you know why your school doesnt offer pharm? That seems kinda strange right?
some are integrated within 'nursing 1' as part of the curriculum wherein you cover a 1000page pharm book in 3wks.
- 0Dec 3, '11 by tfaith09they tell us that they integrate the pharm into our classes which they do...but i still feel very under prepared... so I just want to do this for my own good.. they are now offering one for our Generic BSN group but I am in the AASN so they dont like us taking up spots in it
- 0Dec 3, '11 by Kaligirl02Quote from tfaith09Thank you sooo much this is exactly what I needed Im not even worried about the credits transferring I just want to learn the Info so it doesn't come back to haunt me on the NCLEX
No problem. It's a good course, I'm actually on the second part right now. I'm just like you, I don't 100% with the info that I was taught in class. This course gave me an "AHA" moment.