Making an offer also..please help on this huge decision

  1. HI, room..here is my situation..I have been married for almost three years and we have two children..My oldest son is 2 and a half and he has eczema..well he needs no carpet, as little dust and possible, central heat and air. etc..well right now we live in a rental home...my family is friends with the family that we rent from and we have carpet and landlords who do not want to do any work on the house..it is 40 plus years old and awful..well I was going to school for my ADN and my application was suppose to be in on december 1st to get into the program in 2003..my prereqs were complete and the allication did not get there until the second...well the first was on a Sunday..so a little unfair..well to make a long story short..i can not get in until 2004,,so i decided to go on a get my BSN because while waiting a could be working on my BSN plus in my area the local university has dropped many prereqs because of the short....so this is the best way to go...Well here is one problem..I need help paying for school because I have to go to TEnnessee and I live in Georgia so I have to pay out of state tuition...In the state of Georgia I have the HOPE grant that paid for everything..but in gerogia I don't have a school close enough for my BSN...So how do I pay for school..well I decided to work as a CNA at a local hospital and they will help me pay..then take a loan..but here is another thing..We just made an offer on a house today......it is wonderful for us..I have to go to work now to help pay bills...so should I work as a CNA..and go on for my BSN............or.............should I go for my CNA..which only takes three months and also take classes for Surg TEch,,and work as a surg tech in one year and a half so I would make a little more..then go back for my BSN...my goal is a CRNA...I can and will do it,,but right now it is tight..what would you all do...All the help and advice would be wonderful...........


    One more thing..the people we are wanting to buy the house from are in GErmany..in the war..and they don't know when they will be home..and they need to sell this house...well we offered them 30,000 less then asking price..because average house in this neighborhood does not sell for the asking...they sell for our offer..and this is under a realtor that the people ask for.....well the house has been on the market for almost a year and they have not a single offer..do you think they will take it... THANKS:kiss
    •  
  2. 6 Comments

  3. by   renerian
    I cannot say they will take your offer. They could and write the rest off. They are in the war????????

    I would go for the BSN and work as a CNA to pay your bills. I don't know if this helps you or not.

    renerian
  4. by   canoehead
    I would find ajob in a hospital (CNA maybe) buy a good text relating to wherever you are working and make some money while learning. Then go back for the ADN the next year. You will be busy moving anyway for awhile, right?
  5. by   lpnga
    Yes they are away at the war..they have not had a single offer on the house..i think because they had it way over priced for this neighborhood..Also there is a bad neighbor on one side that has trash such as washers and dryers and refrigerators in his back yard.we want to put up a fence....or call someone on them to clean it up...
  6. by   emily_mom
    I was unaware of a war in Germany. Rammstein AF base is in Germany as I have family there. Hmmm...they haven't mentioned a war.....
  7. by   essarge
    Perhaps they are stationed in Germany and are deployed from there. Our armed forces do that quite a bit.

    You have to decide which is the most important thing right now. I, personally, would move into the new home, work as a CNA and wait for the ADN program to open. This way you would be settled into your new home and back to "normal" before you hit the crazy world of student nursing. But that's just my opinion.
  8. by   researchrabbit
    Originally posted by essarge
    You have to decide which is the most important thing right now. I, personally, would move into the new home, work as a CNA and wait for the ADN program to open. This way you would be settled into your new home and back to "normal" before you hit the crazy world of student nursing. But that's just my opinion.
    I think this is good advice. I had to move twice during nursing school and it was a royal pain.

close