Lunches - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 29, '12 by marycarneyLunch? What is this 'lunch' you speak of? Cannot remember the last time I took a lunch break.
- Jul 29, '12 by CBLNurse2BeQuote from marycarneyLol. Im not sure.. My lunch Is usually comprised of my kids fussing and only wanting to eat what's on my plate. Then I get the leftovers. mostly my almost 2 yr old does this. Nap time is right after, so it's hectic. at least I'll be use to eating quickly, huh? Ha!Lunch? What is this 'lunch' you speak of? Cannot remember the last time I took a lunch break.
- Jul 29, '12 by sharpeimomlunch? as my cousin's two year old is so fond of saying, "huh?"
i always seemed to get nibble breaks at the state hospital instead of actual lunch breaks.
- Jul 30, '12 by runforfunGet a lunchbox and an ice pack or 2, and don't forget about lunch basics that don't necessarily need to be kept cold like fresh fruits or vegetables, peanut butter sandwiches, crackers, etc.
I like to pack a very full bag or container of almonds or cereal at the start of the week, then I have something else to much on if I get hungry in class or pack a too-small lunch, which I seem to do if I pack while sleepy.
Buy some cans of soup, or make your own and freeze it, then on days when you are in a rush, you can just grab and go!
I also like this idea, Salad in a Jar! Make a Week of Healthy, Delicious Lunches | The Kitchn
Usually my grocery list for lunch foods for the week includes a loaf of bread, sandwich meat, apples, bananas or another fruit on sale, spinach or lettuce-for sandwich toppings and salads!, some kind of nut, yogurt, and peanut butter or honey mustard if I'm low. If you get sick of sandwiches and plain stuff, just bring leftovers from home.
*sort of unrelated, but I was very proud to make it through my first semester without buying lunch once!
- Jul 30, '12 by runforfunOk, so your post sent me on a google search! Sorry for double-posting, but I have fallen in love with this blog, it has tons of great ideas.
The Brown Bag Brigade: Your One-Stop Shop for Work Lunch Ideas
- Jul 30, '12 by staceymGreat ideas... I made a list of some of my favs so I can refer to it when my creativity is lacking. One that I didn't see mentioned for those that like grains such as quinoa is a quinoa salad. Just make a large batch of quinoa (preferably in vegetable stock for flavor) and mix it with your favorite beans and veggies. Quinoa is so versatile that you can try all kinds of flavors with it.
- Jul 30, '12 by classicdameprobably thermoses.
Consider small boxes of frozen veggies with dip. I used to carry sugar snap peas that would be cold, but thawed, by dinner. WONDERFUL with ranch dressing.
- Jul 30, '12 by StephalumpQuote from jhopperI don't know what the proper term is, but I like Thermosi.I wonder what the proper plural form for "thermos" is? Thermosis Thermice Thermoseses
So...I'll be sure to pack a bunch on Thermosi full of healthy snacks!
- Jul 30, '12 by KLBatchelorI don't know about y'all, but I am in a constant battle with my dryer about shrinking my clothes (ok ok maybe it's not so much the dryer, but my back side growing)! I take 2 diet shakes- the grocery store brand or Special K brand (bc the Slimfasts taste bad) for breakfast on the go and then lunch as well as fruit or granola bar or something along those lines for snacks. I've gained a pound or 2 (or 15) since I've been home for the past 7 months being a stay at home mommy and waiting for NS to start. This routine always helps me out!
- Jul 30, '12 by HollywoodDivaBoiled eggs, fresh fruits, soup and tuna.