Lab and Diagnostic Tests Guides?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Lab and Diagnostic Tests Guides? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... In one of my syllabi it says that we need a "Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests Guide (any...by Pmkn10RN Aug 22, '08In one of my syllabi it says that we need a "Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests Guide (any publisher)". What are some good ones that are out there?
Do those type of books include NANDA information or would I have to purchase a separate diagnosis book for that? There are too many books...I'm confused.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=327931©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 22, '08 by Daytonitetwo that i have are:
- mosby's diagnostic and laboratory test reference by kathleen deska pagana and timothy james pagana
- davis's comprehensive handbook of laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications by anne m. van leeuwen, todd r. kranpitz and lynette smith.
- there is some lab information in the medical dictionaries
- medicine net procedures & tests a to z index http://www.medicinenet.com/procedure...ts/article.htm
- web md index list of tests http://www.webmd.com/a_to_z_guide/medical_tests.htm
- lab tests online http://www.labtestsonline.org/
- http://library.med.utah.edu/webpath/webpath.html - the internet pathology laboratory for medical education
- also see the "tests" link in the a.d.a.m. illustrated health encyclopedia http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/index.htm
- patient information from ge on various types of radiological/nuclear scans http://www.amershamhealth-us.com/patient/
- harvard health guide to diagnostic tests (organized by body system—includes ob procedures
- your instructors might have given it to you.
- you can purchase it directly from nanda. nanda-i nursing diagnoses: definitions & classification 2007-2008 published by nanda international. cost is $24.95 http://www.nanda.org/html/nursing_diagnosis.html
- many authors of care plan and nursing diagnosis books include the nanda nursing diagnosis information. this information will usually be found immediately below the title of a nursing diagnosis.
- the nanda taxonomy and a medical disease cross reference is in the appendix of both taber's cyclopedic medical dictionary and mosby's medical, nursing, & allied health dictionary
- there are also two websites that have information for about 75 of the most commonly used nursing diagnoses that you can access for free:
- Aug 26, '08 by Roberta88I am pre-nursing but am taking a labratory and diagnostics class. Mosby's was recommended. I haven't really done any in depth reading into it yet since class starts next week but I did thumb through it and read a little. So far, I think it's pretty good. It's organized very well and very understandable. Good luck!