Inspirational sayings, etc... - page 2
by Nurse2b Jen | 30,969 Views | 15 Comments
my favorite saying i have heard so far is from one of my instructors... ~*~ if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!! ~*~ and yet another one is "look around, there are no... Read More
- 0Apr 24, '07 by DaytoniteMy mom, who passed away this past August, had a subscription to a magazine called Reminisce which still comes in the mail. I take each issue to my next doctor's appointment and leave it in the rack so others can enjoy it. This is a magazine specifically targeting the older generation. As I was leafing through it, I noticed that the edge of each page had "A THOUGHT TO REMEMBER". So, before I drop this off at the doc's office, let me share these with all of you. Let me give official recognition to the source which is Reminisce: The Magazine That Brings Back the Good Times, Vol. 17, No. 3, April/May 2007, Reiman Media Group, Inc.
- One who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints.
- Acquire not only learning, but the habit of learning.
- Life is like a coin. . .you can spend it any way you wish, but you can spend it only once.
- What counts in life is what we do for others.
- Friendship is love with understanding.
- The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
- No small act of kindness is ever wasted.
- Some people find that the most difficult instrument to learn to play is second fiddle.
- The key to failure is trying to please everybody.
- Plant a tree to live in the faraway future.
- Joy is not in what we own. . .it is in what we are.
- No one ever learned anything by talking.
- Grief yearns for compassion, not advice.
- The measure of real character is what a person would do knowing he or she never would be found out.
- Worry. . .the interest paid by those who borrow trouble.
- The secret of happiness is not in getting more, but in wanting less.
- Making money fast is no easier than making it first.
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.
- Flexible people never get bent out of shape.
- If you feel you have no faults, that makes another one.
- It's not how far you fall, but how high you bounce.
- Good listeners are not only popular but, after a while, they know a few things.
- It's better to be looked over than to be overlooked.
- The doors of opportunity are marked "push" and "pull".
- It's hard to judge the age of a person whose spirit has remained young.
- What is done for another is done for oneself.
- Write a letter in order to get one.
- Whenever things sound easy, it turns out there's one part you didn't hear.
- It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
- The individual activity of one person with backbone will do more than a thousand people with mere wishbones.
- Encouragement and kindness are the best gifts.
- Real love begins when nothing is expected in return.
- It is by working that a person finds out what he or she is able to do.
- Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see all the flowers in it.
- May is Mother Nature's way of apologizing for February.
- Those who never accept fault can never improve.
- Failure isn't falling down; it's staying there after you've hit the bottom.
- Life is a measure to be filled. . .not a cup to be drained.
- It is always darkest just before the dawn.
- Those who make others happy make themselves happy.
- Untold suffering seldom is.
- There is something more important than IQ. . .it is "I will."
- Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
- Happiness is like potato salad. . .share it with others, and it's a picnic.
- The can-do spirit is the fuel that makes things go.
- Anyone can be at the helm with the sea is calm.
- The price of authority is responsibility.
- Ignore those who try to discourage you.
- Success breeds confidence, but confidence also breeds success.
- Happiness sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.
- A minute of thought is worth more than an hour of talk.
- Nothing that makes a memory is wasteful.
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house.
- The only way to fight a cold is blow by blow.
- A bad habit is like a soft chair. . .easy to get into, but hard to get out of.
- A thousand words will not leave as deep an impression as one deed.
- Love doesn't make the world go 'round; it's what makes the ride worthwhile.
- It is better to wear out than to rust out.
- Live so your friends can defend you, but never have to.
- 0Apr 24, '07 by AMR21life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others.
“you can only become truly accomplished at something you love. don't make money your goal. instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.”
to laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. this is to have succeeded.
- ralph waldo emerson
at the end of the day faith is a funny thing. it turns up when you least expect it. it's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. the castle, well, it may not be a castle. and it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. see once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away.
“this is what you shall do: love the earth and sun, and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning god, have patience and indulgence towards the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown, or to any man or number of men; go freely with the powerful uneducated persons, and with the young, and mothers, of families: read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life: re-examine all you have been told at school or church, or in any books, and dismiss whatever insults your soul.”
and my favorite ...
"it's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes, and leap!" -wicked