Give It to Me Straight: Will I get into Nursing School?
- 0Feb 21 by JayCimoneHere is the deal,
I am applying for Spring 2015 and as most nursing students probably already know that means you apply right around the summer months.
That's not the problem. The issue is that the school changed their criteria for what they want in prerequisites and now I have to take an additional writing class over the summer. I will have completed my course before the application deadline (September 2014) but only a month in advance (so Aug 2014)
I've worked so hard and for this to happen last minute - really really really really sucks. LOL
I'm ahead of the game in everything else & my GPA is excellent thus far.
So give it to me straight - will I get in?
I KNOW I KNOW - "It depends on my school." "That's not my decision to make."
Just do your best. I'm freaking out. I know it won't be the end of the world if I have to apply for the Fall of 2016 - but honestly - that's NOT what I want to happen! I'm tired of waiting - I just want to start!!!!!
Okay I'm finished with my ranting.
Any soothing words would be nice
- 1Feb 21 by mrsboots87I don't get the question. If your GPA is good then it will be dependen on you doing well in you writing class. Admissions doesn't give extra points to turning in you packet early. As long as it's in before the deadline you're fine. As far as getting in no one knows, but this last minute class and turning in your packet a month before due date are not significant. Unless of course you fail.
- 0Feb 21 by BooBear'sMommyQuote from mrsboots87Ditto! No worriesI don't get the question. If your GPA is good then it will be dependen on you doing well in you writing class. Admissions doesn't give extra points to turning in you packet early. As long as it's in before the deadline you're fine. As far as getting in no one knows, but this last minute class and turning in your packet a month before due date are not significant. Unless of course you fail.
- 0Feb 22 by christina731I know that each school is different but for me, I turned my app on on the first possible day that they were taking them and I was accepted. I also know someone who waited until the very last possible day to take their TEAS exam and turn their app and and guess what? They got in as well. They literally went from the testing center to the admissions office with their TEAS score sheet still hot off the printer on the last possible day to turn in their app. As long as it's on time and complete you will have the same chances as everyone else. I almost wish I would have turned mine in later because I had 3 more months of worrying and waiting than the other person did.
- 0Feb 22 by RunBabyRNYou can usually have one prereq outstanding when you apply. I don't see how taking it over the summer would get in your way. Just be sure to submit the updated transcript once your grade has posted. Don't freak out, seriously. Stuff will come up all the time during nursing school. You HAVE to learn how to take it in stride!!!