Full time work/full time school 3.4+ GPA AND sleep?Register Today!
- by Leelee82 Sep 14I have to work full time while attending nursing school and I want to know if it is possible to do this while getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep (I cannot function on less hours). Has anyone here done all this while maintaining a GPA of 3.4 or higher?Last edit by Leelee82 on Sep 14 : Reason: Typo
- 1,881 Views
- Sep 14 by trymybestI do it. But on clinical days I only get 4 hours of sleep. I work 8 hours then go to clinical for 8, 2 days out the week. The other 2 days I work 8 and go to school for 4 then study for 2 to 4 hours. The one day I do not have school I work 8. Study 6 then get about 6 hours sleep lol.
Then the two day I have off I study 8 and sleep 8 . So all that to say I get 8 hours of continuous sleep 2 days out the week.
- Sep 15 by slinkyheadCNASleep is important to your ability to concentrate and retain info. It depends on your work hours, school schedule and how well you understand the material
- Sep 15 by Nurse2bKimberlyMy last year in nursing school I got around 4 hours of sleep. I only worked 16-24 hours a week (cut down to ZERO hrs/week for the last month, lol!). My grades were no where near a 3.4 though lol. I did get a 3.0 two out of three trimesters though.
- Sep 15 by Tramore35I sure hope it's possible. I start school next Monday and still have to work as well.
- Sep 15 by cmurra6745ha good luck with the 3.4 def! but i work 36 hours overnight in the ICU/CCU as an aide /orderly and go to the program full time 5 days a week ...it can be done it is all about time managment