First semester finished....whew!

  1. Well, this old lady did alright after completing her first semester of college (20 years after high school!!)

    2 A's and a B...I really do wish I had paid more attention in high school...LOL

    How did you all do?

    Congratulations to us all.....keep it going!

    I start my summer classes next week...can't wait! (my children think I have really gone off the deep end now)

    Have a great summer, everyone


    Christine
    •  
  2. 14 Comments

  3. by   starr234
    Congratulations! We have something in common. I haven't been to school in 15 years and I received a A in Anatomy/PhysiologyI and a B in English. I am taking three classes this summer. I hope I will continue to do well.
  4. by   Love-A-Nurse
    Originally posted by AZBRONXBABY
    Well, this old lady did alright after completing her first semester of college (20 years after high school!!)

    2 A's and a B...I really do wish I had paid more attention in high school...LOL

    How did you all do?

    Congratulations to us all.....keep it going!

    I start my summer classes next week...can't wait! (my children think I have really gone off the deep end now)

    Have a great summer, everyone


    Christine
    Christine, Congratulations!

    I know two of my grades for this semester which are "A's" and will have to wait until grades are mailed out for the other two.

    Keep up the great work!


    StephanysGetaway

    NurseLand
  5. by   Love-A-Nurse
    Originally posted by starr234
    Congratulations! We have something in common. I haven't been to school in 15 years and I received a A in Anatomy/PhysiologyI and a B in English. I am taking three classes this summer. I hope I will continue to do well.
    Starr234, Congratulations to you too!
  6. by   StudentSandra
    originally posted by azbronxbaby
    well, this old lady did alright after completing her first semester of college (20 years after high school!!)
    2 a's and a b...i really do wish i had paid more attention in high school...lol
    how did you all do?
    congratulations to us all.....keep it going!
    i start my summer classes next week...can't wait! (my children think i have really gone off the deep end now)
    have a great summer, everyone
    christine
    only 20 years after hs, you're still a baby lol i started support classes 24 years after hs. this old lady has a 3.97 gpa with 58 credit hours in!!!!:d but i don't have any kids at home and my hubby doesn't mind a messy house.
    like you said bronx...congrats to us all.....and good luck....let's keep it going!!
    i'm taking the summer off...yeah...
  7. by   ggfifirn05
    I've been out of high school for 28 years, and just started my pre-req's this year...but so far have a 4.00 GPA (only two classes to date), but I think the old gal's still got it! Talked with the nursing advisor today, and verified I'll most likely be applying for the nursing program after completion of my pre-req's in December. Congrats to all who've struggled along so far this year to pursue our dreams. No summer break for me; I'm taking A & P 1, but we have a great teacher, so I think it will be a good class. Hope everyone else has a wonderful summer!

    Susan
  8. by   Rena RN 2003
    :chuckle how lovely to see this thread! congrats to you!!!!

    i was out of high school for 12 years before going back for my ADN. had a beautiful gpa of 4.0 until i started my actual nursing classes. but nothing worse than a B so far, so i feel i'm doing okay.

    our school runs on "quarters" instead of semesters and this OB quarter doesn't end until june 11. it can't end soon enough for me either.
  9. by   trixiebaby
    congratulations! keep it up!
  10. by   GPatty
    Hey "old lady"!
    Congrats on your school work! I'm making C's, so I definitely wish I would've studied more! But a C nurse is still a nurse.
    I know I'm good at what I do, but I just can't seem to do well on tests..... And I'm a complete bomb when I try to study at home, so I've remedied that situation too..... I've begun to stand up for myself and not let my husband bully me into "not" studying. He had a bad habit of making me feel guilty for not spending time with him.
    And I've been successful! I got my 1st "A" on a test this week! YIPEE!!!!!

    Julie
  11. by   Love-A-Nurse
    Originally posted by ggfifi
    I've been out of high school for 28 years, and just started my pre-req's this year...but so far have a 4.00 GPA (only two classes to date), but I think the old gal's still got it! Talked with the nursing advisor today, and verified I'll most likely be applying for the nursing program after completion of my pre-req's in December. Congrats to all who've struggled along so far this year to pursue our dreams. No summer break for me; I'm taking A & P 1, but we have a great teacher, so I think it will be a good class. Hope everyone else has a wonderful summer!

    Susan


    Susan, welcome!
  12. by   Love-A-Nurse
    Originally posted by Rena RN 2003
    :chuckle how lovely to see this thread! congrats to you!!!!

    i was out of high school for 12 years before going back for my ADN. had a beautiful gpa of 4.0 until i started my actual nursing classes. but nothing worse than a B so far, so i feel i'm doing okay.

    our school runs on "quarters" instead of semesters and this OB quarter doesn't end until june 11. it can't end soon enough for me either.

    Rena, I remember and liked the classes when they were still called quarters due to being shorter in length and could get an extra 4 courses in one year.

    Welcome!
  13. by   Love-A-Nurse
    Originally posted by Julielpn
    Hey "old lady"!
    Congrats on your school work! I'm making C's, so I definitely wish I would've studied more! But a C nurse is still a nurse.
    I know I'm good at what I do, but I just can't seem to do well on tests..... And I'm a complete bomb when I try to study at home, so I've remedied that situation too..... I've begun to stand up for myself and not let my husband bully me into "not" studying. He had a bad habit of making me feel guilty for not spending time with him.
    And I've been successful! I got my 1st "A" on a test this week! YIPEE!!!!!

    Julie


    Julie, Congratulations on obtaining your "A"!
  14. by   DebsZoo
    22 years out of high school............my kids think I am crazy, one is mad at me for deciding to go back (afraid I will have no time for her). My reply is.............Do your home work beside me, and we will have plenty of time together

close