cheating on NS - page 2
by AloeBlox | 2,201 Views | 16 Comments
spoke to one of my old classmates, found out one of the girls cheated on certain exams. why do people do this? nclex aint no one going to be there to cheat on. i know NS is very stressful and at times you want to give up but... Read More
- 0Apr 9, '13 by HouTx GuideUnfortunately, academic dishonesty is becoming far more widespread. It's even more common in high-stakes environments where stress on grades is increased, such as nursing school. Very sad.
Nursing has been rated as the 'most trusted profession' in the US every year since 2000 (except 2001, when we came in second to firefighters). The foundation of that trust is our integrity. How this role be fulfilled by someone who thinks so little of her/his own integrity?
In my organization, we utilize formal, standardized assessments (post hire) to determine gaps in skill or knowledge that need to be addressed during orientation. If anyone attempts to cheat, it is ground for immediate termination from employment. I don't understand why anyone would even do this, since they already have the job, there is no benefit and they would only be shortchanging themselves. But it happens with astonishing regularity.
- 1Apr 9, '13 by SDgirl2013We had a known cheater in our class (writing answers on the table or looking at her peers test) who was never caught until one day she wrote an answer on her palm. During the test she decided to rest her palm on her forehead which transferred the answer. Needless to say karma had caught up with her and she was booted. Eventually they get theirs and those that work hard not only succeed but have a better appreciation of their accomplishments
- 0Apr 9, '13 by KimynurseQuote from SDgirl2013Ok now that is funny, sorryWe had a known cheater in our class (writing answers on the table or looking at her peers test) who was never caught until one day she wrote an answer on her palm. During the test she decided to rest her palm on her forehead which transferred the answer. Needless to say karma had caught up with her and she was booted. Eventually they get theirs and those that work hard not only succeed but have a better appreciation of their accomplishments
- 0Apr 9, '13 by Nursing2102I see cheating every once in a while. One girl actually went up to the professor after class and told her that she couldn't focus on taking the exam because she was so focused on trying to cover up her answers because the girl next to her kept looking over at her paper.
It's pretty unfortunate because the people who actually put the time and effort into studying for their grades should not have to worry about some lazy person copying off them, personally I find it really annoying when someone asks me questions on homework or assignments or even when I have occasionally found someone peeking at my test. Honestly? I don't spend hours studying so you can copy off me, do your own work or get out of the program if you can't keep up on your own.
- 0Apr 9, '13 by MewsinIt's so frustrating. We just had a week off and our first day back we were supposed to have our lab prep assignment done, they are little mini quizzes we get marks on. Most of the class had it completed except for two. One copied her answers off of the assignment passed to her before we started marking. The other arrived late and then started copying the answers off a quiz that had already been marked. We have a small class, we saw this happening, she was called out on it. She wasn't happy that we said something but we're not impressed that we're putting the work in and she's not.
There's another girl though that I think she's cheating but there's no real proof. Twice now we have been having a discussion about the questions before going into the class and she very adamantly told us why our answers were wrong. Somehow though she's still getting 100% on her quizzes even though her answers are not correct. You can tell when she's answered wrong too because her face turns red.
- 0Apr 9, '13 by SunshineDaisyI always wondered what would happen if people who put so much time into cheating actually studied...Hmmmmm...
And I do admit, I look up or forward when taking a test, but never in the direction of a classmate. I try to sit on the end of the row so I can look up and over to the empty spot. You may even see me drawing things in the air to visualize it for myself :/
- 2Apr 10, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RN