Calling graduating class of 2014! - Page 10Register Today!
- Sep 19, '12 by JamaicandolBefore i get off, I just want to say one more thing. If you fail a skill dont get discourage and quit nursing. A student in my class quit nursing be cause she failed her pulse, temperate and temperature skill test off. She was discourage after failing a test off. after all the hard work and sacrifice she made, she walked away from her future. I started this blog so we can support each other and not give up on our dreams. lets take it one test at a time. One bad test is not going to fail you out of nursing. we can do this....I know when we are studying for an exam we feel like its too much but once you pass the exam, pat yourself on the back and and take several hours to yourself. I take the night off every time i take a test. PLEASE DONT GET SCARED OR DISCOURAGE WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. if you dont understand something in class post it and we will try to figure it out. Everyone who joined this blog is fairly smart....If we were not good student we would not have gotten in to the nursing program. Lets live for our future dream of being a RN.
Gook luck on all your future exam!
- Sep 20, '12 by Luv2bNurse<3That's so sad that the girl dropped out because of the Skills test. I had mine last week and some students were so anxious the were unable to get the right pulse ... But the stuck with it and passed! So you can do it, just need to tell yourself you can! I have my first fundamentals test in a few weeks and I'm so nervous because its all entry lvl questions ... So I have been looking at NCLEX questions to help me. Hopefully it does.
- Sep 20, '12 by CordaePI start in Jan 2013. I am nervous, but I am super excited!
- Sep 21, '12 by afterseasonMy class just took our first skills check-off as well. We all passed! A few people did have a few slip-ups, but our lab instructor was very understanding regarding first-time jitters. She just had the more nervous students take a moment to sit down, breathe, and then try again. I agree -- people need to try to just not get discouraged. We all make mistakes every now and then, especially when we are just starting and figuring things out. Hang in there!
We have our first written exam on Monday -- covering 14 chapters. Yikes!
- Sep 24, '12 by afterseasonWe just took our first exam. I passed with an A (90). However, from what I've heard so far, I'm the only one in the class who made an A. Lots for high B's though, so yay for my classmates!
- Sep 24, '12 by Mattie2012Congrats, so happy for you! Keep up the great work!
In the program I am in we have to get 94% for an A. We took our first exam today and I am still waiting, wanting at least 78% to pass.
- Sep 24, '12 by OraeloClinical orientation first thing in the AM. Got my whites all laid out and ready. Now if I could only fall asleep.
- Sep 25, '12 by cm13scI start next Monday and will be graduating spring 2014 as well!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm ready for the journey!
- Sep 29, '12 by Luv2bNurse<3What was your first exams like?? Were they all scenario or stem questions??
- Oct 1, '12 by OraeloOk just a little vent here. Clinicals starting this week. I just don't see how I am going to be able to get this all done. Clinical paperwork, reading for lecture, studying for exams, and maintaining sanity all at the same time. Stress level at a 10.
Ok breathe, one thing at a time, you can make it. You worked too hard to give up now.
Ok thanks for your help everyone. I'm off of the ledge now.
Although I am sitting just behind it in a lounge chair with my bath robe and slippers on.