Books: keep'em or sell'emRegister Today!
- by RubySlippers06 Jan 2Hey guys!
I'm trying to figure out which books to keep and which to sell back. Which ones did you ind useful to keep? Right now I have my Basic Nursing book from Intro to Nursing and Med Terminology. I was thinking of selling the basic nursing book (it is massive and didn't really teach me anything other than how hospitals bill) and keep the med term book.
Let me know what you all found useful!!
- 756 Views
- Jan 2 by CT PixieAre you a graduate or just starting the program? I know for us, many of the books required in the first classes are also required text for the upper levels. Hense, I've kept all the nursing books (I graduate in May). I also kept all my LPN school books, they have come in handy many times over the years as well as during my journey through RN school.
- Jan 2 by RubySlippers06I'm just starting a program right now. I may keep my basic nursing book. I just wasn't sure if I'd ever open it again and I may a well get the $80 while I can... That is, if I'm not going to need it lol
- Jan 2 by owlRN01I kept my Fundamentals book but I have found that I never ever use it for information. I wish I would have sold it. However, I have found my Med Surg book to be invaluable... I always look up stuff in that book. I am a new grad and I still use my books to look up information after my shifts. The learning NEVER ends Also kept my OB and PEDS books as well as my advanced assessment books. Never know when you might want them.
- Jan 2 by StephalumpI think I'd sell the basics book. I can't imagine referring to it often.
If you need/want the money but still want a reference, I'm thinking it would be smart to sell your books while they're current and buy a cheapie outdated copy from someone else for a few bucks.
- Jan 2 by RubySlippers06Thanks! I've heard that you use the med surg book a lot. Stephalup, buying an older version is a great idea! Sometimes I think the authors/publishers will change one or two things just to continually make money.
- Jan 2 by jngo91I sold my fundamentals of nursing book and DVD.
I find that lots of the basic stuff can be found on the internet.
Sell them while you can!