can be expensive. If you are not prepared financially you could get yourself in a lot of trouble.
Community colleges are the least expensive but may not offer the best programs or the best opportunities in nursing. You need to decide the pros and cons. What's best for you?
How did/do you manage to pay for nursing school? Were you prepared for the costs?
If you have any tips or inside knowledge please share.
if you enjoyed it.
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
Aug 16, '12
For those of you who will need student loans to attend nursing school, I would love it if people learned from my mistakes. Please be cautious when you sign those promissory notes!
- Taking out loans from private lenders
- Using the entire loan amount I was awarded
- Not living frugally enough
- Going out-of-state for a grad program
If I had a do-over:
- I would learn how interest accrues ahead of time. Interest accrues on your loan every single day. With the exception if some loans (e.g., subsidized), it may accrue while in school
- I would pay the interest on my loans while in school
- I would calculate what my payments would be in advance to see what nursing programs I could really afford
Last edit by mariebailey on Aug 16, '12
: Reason: add'l info