Auscultation S2 split VS S3Register Today!
This is a discussion on Auscultation S2 split VS S3 in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I am just a simple nursing student thinking how would I tell just by auscultation whether the extra...by Findoo Feb 22I am just a simple nursing student thinking how would I tell just by auscultation whether the extra sound I am hearing is S2 split heart sound or S3 heart sound.
Any help/suggestions/tips will be greatly appreciated
PS: This is my first thread in one year. Really looking forward to the replies
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=817264©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 467 Views
- Feb 22 by eatmysoxRNI suggest you Google heart sounds and listen to them over and over again. Some heart sounds are subtle and you have to pay a lot of attention. Low grade murmurs are especially difficult to auscultate sometimes.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Feb 22 by turnforthenurseRNDo you have an iPhone? Search for the app Heart Murmurs Pro. It is $2.99, but it contains sound clips of heart sounds and murmurs and includes information on their etiologies, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, physical examination, diagnostic evaluation and treatment. You can create favorites and quiz yourself, too.
- Feb 24 by FindooAha! that app is perfect. Thank you so much
- Feb 24 by FindooThank you. I googled it and found copious amount of sounds!!!
- Feb 24 by StudentOfHealingcopious makes me think of mucous! Hehe