10 Things You Should Know About the First Semester of Nursing School - page 13
1) Even if your family says they understand, they really don't. You may as well tell them, and your friends too, that you are being deployed for 2-4 years, depending on your program. Because you will be MIA every. single.... Read More
- 4Jan 8 by rn54Having almost 39 years of nursing experience, I still have nightmares that I'm back in nursing school stressing to pass a test or graduate. Anyone that doesn't struggle in school will eventually struggle when they are on the job. Those "A" students I went to school with are no longer working as nurses. As a student I gravitated towards nurses that I could relate with and if you weren't stressed you were the exception. My daughter has just finished her first semester and I know her struggle with a full time job and school. It is very hard and she is happy to get "B's" and so am I. No RN cares if you got "A's" or "B's". Just having "RN" after you name counts and being a team player who cares about their pts.
- 3Feb 4 by INN_777This is genius! Just started my first semester in an accelerated BSN. Since that time (only a month ago), I have cancelled on get together with friends a few times and resolved to not even try until I am done. I started drinking coffee after not being coffee drinker all my life. I finally started demanding help around the house from my 18 year old (way past due). Family definitely does NOT get it. And B is undeniably the new A Good luck you all!
- 2Jun 3 by jcw702MIA every weekend too? I was planning on at least part time work. Last time I checked they still want money at stores to eat and put gas in the car. Hmm if i cant work on the weekends, maybe I can hold a sign on an off ramp "hungry nursing student" when I'm studying.
- 1Jun 13 by nursewrA lot of this is true... But I've kept my hair done, spent plenty is time with gaily and friends, and continued to enjoy life... All while maintaining a high B average in Nursing school.. I will be entering my last semester this fall and am so excited to be done with it.. Try to maintain a good balance and you'll do just fine. I know people that spent no family & friend time and ended up with lower grades than myself.. Good luck!