Writing a Bio?Register Today!
- by ninja2011 Jun 29, '11Hello,
I have to write a bio for my new grad job which is going to go out to the preceptor group. What should I write in it and how long? There were not any guidelines other than a bio and your picture if we would like. Has anyone written one before for something like this? What is expected?
- 4,997 Views
- Jun 29, '11 by 33762FLI've put these together before, although not in the healthcare industry. What they are probably looking for is a few simple sentences like this:
"Jane Doe received her BSN degree from SUNY Stonybrook in June of 2011. She will be joining our team on the 8 East Medical-Surgical Unit as a full-time 7pm-7am RN. While Jane's main passion is nursing, on her off days she enjoys hiking and playing softball. Her long term career plans to continue her education and work on a master's degree in nursing education. She looks forward to joining the 8 East Team and getting to know both the staff and patients."
- Jun 29, '11 by MagsMomExcellent example, 33762FL!
- Jun 29, '11 by kool-aideI agree with the first poster. Keep in short, sweet, professional, and to the point. Good luck on the new job! congrats!
- Jun 30, '11 by janice201149Search for a guidelines in Google a lot of idea you can get from it on how to write a quality bio for you.
- Jun 30, '11 by ninja2011Thanks everyone for your replies.