Writing a Bio?Register Today!
- by ninja2011 Jun 29, '11Hello,
I have to write a bio for my new grad job which is going to go out to the preceptor group. What should I write in it and how long? There were not any guidelines other than a bio and your picture if we would like. Has anyone written one before for something like this? What is expected?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=585237©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,977 Views
- Jun 29, '11 by 33762FLI've put these together before, although not in the healthcare industry. What they are probably looking for is a few simple sentences like this:
"Jane Doe received her BSN degree from SUNY Stonybrook in June of 2011. She will be joining our team on the 8 East Medical-Surgical Unit as a full-time 7pm-7am RN. While Jane's main passion is nursing, on her off days she enjoys hiking and playing softball. Her long term career plans to continue her education and work on a master's degree in nursing education. She looks forward to joining the 8 East Team and getting to know both the staff and patients."
- Jun 29, '11 by MagsMomExcellent example, 33762FL!
- Jun 29, '11 by kool-aideI agree with the first poster. Keep in short, sweet, professional, and to the point. Good luck on the new job! congrats!
- Jun 30, '11 by janice201149Search for a guidelines in Google a lot of idea you can get from it on how to write a quality bio for you.
- Jun 30, '11 by ninja2011Thanks everyone for your replies.