Update: My seven month journey in ICU has ended - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 6, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNThanks everyone. My Recruiter rescheduled my interview for next week . I was so ready to interview tomorrow, so that way I can cancel the interview I have next week for another ICU.
Oh, well more time to prepare.... I guess.
- Dec 6, '12 by MommyandRNBest of luck! I have been a critical care nurse for over 10 years, but feel my personality and interests also lie with maternity. My problem is, I can't get a job in that area! I hope it works out for you.
- Dec 6, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNQuote from MommyandRNI know, isn't it crazy. With your experience, I'd assume it would be a breeze to land a maternity job.Best of luck! I have been a critical care nurse for over 10 years, but feel my personality and interests also lie with maternity. My problem is, I can't get a job in that area! I hope it works out for you.
Keep looking. Never give up on your passion.
- Dec 7, '12 by Kooky KorkyGood wishes, Girl! Let us know.
- Dec 7, '12 by joanna73I am another one who likes to be prepared. You can anticipate the types of questions the interviewer will ask, with the expectation that you are able to reflect and provide clinical examples. I always write out my answers in advance and read through my past performance reviews. Sure, I still get a little nervous. However, I generally find interviews to go well. Remember that you are also interviewing the employer. If the manager is cold or indifferent, then I probably don't want to work for them. Good luck!
- Dec 7, '12 by mohsen_irnursing is like a pacemaker that mekes pulses of life and prevent cardiac arrest
- Dec 11, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNMy interview for PP was cancelled again and rescheduled. I can't help but to feel discouraged after it being cancelled twice now. I recently turned down 2 offers, hoping this one would pan out.
I'm still keeping my faith that I'll find my niche and excel. I used to be a job hopper and now that I'm in a postion where money is not a priority for me right now, I've decided to make my decisions very carefully.
Definitetly don't want to burn any bridges.