Positive Side of Nursing - page 2
by wanna-be-nurse 1,353 Views | 14 Comments
I am tired of seeing such negative threads!! I have an idea...:idea: Let's talk about the positive side of nursing! :nurse: Can anyone say what is the best part of nursing? Why get into the profession? Anything positive... Read More
- 0Jan 19, '06 by wanna-be-nurseI love these responces, it almost make me cry to read these cause I can feel what your saying.
Epiphany: I know how you feel. I am first generation, I was born in the USA and my parents are from the Dominican Republic. I hate how some Americans can be so mistreating to immigrants and I feel your pain. I hope you keep reading these responces and make you feel better. And know that you are not the only one fighting for people without a voice.
ShayRN, were do you work?
- 0Jan 19, '06 by beckabeckahiQuote from traumaRUsThe unexpected hugs and kisses are the best!!! Especially when you've been taking care of a difficult and demanding patient, and when they're ready to be discharged, they surprise with that. A couple of months ago, I got two kisses in one day. As one of my colleagues said "That's what will get you through the tough days."This week, I'm doing clinicals and yesterday I was at the county-run nursing home. Very large (300 beds) but still very clean and well-run. I was doing a lung assessment on a very confused, but very pleasant elderly lady and when I got done, she kissed me on the cheek! And...thanked me! How nice!
- 0Jan 19, '06 by clee1Thank you, Coopergrrl and student4ever!
YOUR stories are what true nursing care is all about, IMHO. Not care plans and nursing diagnoses, meds, and baths. I is simple human caring and dealing with the needs of our patients.
Too many nurses become jaded and forget that.
God bless and keep you both.
- 0Jan 19, '06 by epiphanyQuote from rafael80Thank YOU. Your response means a lot to me. It means I'm not some scraggly old hag following the sound of my own distant drums. I'll cross my fingers for you getting into the program.wow!!!!! people like you are what make me want to be an RN. you have really inspired me with your response cause i feel just like you. All I hope for is that i get accepted into our RN program and make it through.
- 0Jan 19, '06 by angel337there are alot of positive things about the nursing profession, but i think it's hard for some people to acknowledge them because they have not been in the shoes of many of their patients. people are people, and everyday that i work i remind myself that i could be the one lying in that hospital bed. this mentality keeps me in check and encourages me to be empathetic to even the most difficult patient. do i agree with some of the negative sides of nursing? sure i do. but if the day ever comes that i hate this profession, i will leave because patients deserve better.