Nursing Job Offers?????

  1. Here's my situation. I got an offer from a hospital last week and planned on taking it but haven't done anything official with it yet. Then last Thurs. I ended with a quick interview for the next day with a neuro office. I'm supposed to call HR about the 1st offer today but am really interested in seeing if I get an offer with the 2nd. I can see myself leaning more towards it (better hours for me, less stressful setting, min. from home) if the pay is something I can live with and I don't know what that is yet. How do I handle HR about this. The neuro office said I would know something this week but I'm sure HR from the hospital will want me to come for paper work. Just not sure on ettiquette for this situation. Do I tell them I had another interview and am waiting on an offer. I just don't want to screw myself out of either job and I've already given notice to my current employer. Any advice welcomed.
    •  
  2. 4 Comments

  3. by   SirJohnny
    It's perfectly legal and acceptable to ask for a week to decide. If they question your decision, tell them you need time to review and contemplate their offer.

    If the nursing shortage is as severe as the industry claims it is - then they will give you a week to make your decision.

    ----

    John Coxey
    (jpcoxey@aol.com)
  4. by   MrsK1223
    Thanks John... appreciate you taking the time to answer. 68 views and 1 reply...wow thought there might be more insight here.
  5. by   bagladyrn
    maia - many of us will view a posting and then only reply if we have relevant advice, especially with vague headers on the post.
  6. by   MrsK1223
    What would have my header say then?

close