new grad RN, needs job.Register Today!
- by erika0424 Aug 31, '11hi, i just passed my nclex last month, and i don't have any experience except when i was still in nursing school, where can i find a job here in socal or anywhere near socal? can be as far as LA. Anyone who knows who accepts a new grad RN? hospital? a nursing home? anything.
- Aug 31, '11 by cindycin35I'm having the same problem! It's so frustrating! I've been a homemaker for several years, and went back to school to become an RN. Most places that I've applied to are looking for experience. How do we get that experience if no one will hire new grads? I've applied to various residency programs, nursing homes, and hospitals in my area. I applied to PT, per diem, etc. I've even applied to some VA hospitals. I don't know what else to do. I don't know anyone in the medical field so that kinda of makes it hard too. I guess I'm going to look for a waitress job or something until something opens up. I will no longer be a new grad after a few months and that worries me too!
- Aug 31, '11 by erika0424im trying as a walk in applicant, have you tried home health?
- Aug 31, '11 by nursemichelle80I wouldn't recommend home health to you as a new grad. You really need strong assessment skills when doing home care. I don't know where you live but I started as a new grad at Desert Regional medical Center in Palm Springs. It was an EXCELLENT hospital and I loved working there. Try them if you're close! Good luck!
- Aug 31, '11 by erika0424Quote from nursemichelle80yeah, that's what i thought, thank for recommending Desert Regional Medical Center! ill check it now!I wouldn't recommend home health to you as a new grad. You really need strong assessment skills when doing home care. I don't know where you live but I started as a new grad at Desert Regional medical Center in Palm Springs. It was an EXCELLENT hospital and I loved working there. Try them if you're close! Good luck!
- Aug 31, '11 by ijuanabhappyI have been in the same position as you and feel your pain. For the last year I have had trial and error finding my niche and then for the last several months I was totally out of a job and unable to find one as a relatively new grad with no substantial hospital experience. The economy is terrible right now. It will get better. I finally just got a permanent position at a clinic through a temporary staffing agency after months of being unemployed. While unemployed, I was on Craigslist, Monster, Career builder, Indeed. I sent out emails and resumes on a daily basis. I made cold calls to managers. While waiting for a job to come along, I applied with Mollen immunization clinic and will be doing that probably now on the weekends for extra money during flu season. I also started selling Scentsy, and I'm really excited about the potential with this. So I figure now I have my bases covered and hopefully the money will start rolling in and I will also like my clinic job. Don't give up... it WILL happen in time