need ideas for nights off - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 23, '11 by Perpetual StudentWhen I used to work nights I used to work out and then watch TV series on DVD (yay for Netflix). It's nice to watch some TV or movies during the 0400-0800ish period to get ready for bed. I also spent a lot of time on the internet.
I like the cooking suggestions, though if I had done that I would've probably eaten way too much and ended up really fat.
- Jan 24, '11 by GitanoRNNo doubt the GYM is the answer, in addition, get up to date with e-mails and hang out with friends that you haven't seeing for a while, or volunteer, do some of the things that you been meaning to do around your home like painting a room, the choice is up to you, whatever it is enjoy your time off
- Jan 24, '11 by MunoRNReally powerful lights on a mountain bike. No crowds, rarely too hot to ride. As long as you don't mind the idea of being out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night doing something that could cause you to go unconscious and nobody would notice, other than that it's a fun way to get through nocturnal downtime.
- Jan 24, '11 by CranberryMuffinI try to do my grocery shopping at the 24-hour grocery store - I'm usually the only one in the store who isn't stocking shelves.
I also think it helps to have some friends who are also night-shifters. I'm new to nights as well and it really helps to have people who keep the same hours to do things with - even if it's just watching TV. It keeps me from feeling so isolated at night.
- Jan 25, '11 by bezanyI have worked nights for over twenty years now, i switch back and forth, i take a nap on my first day back to work and i stay up longer on my first day off. I try to do three in a row so that my days off are all in a row too.
- Jan 26, '11 by joanna73I make healthy meals so I have food to take to work. Yoga, reading and watching tv. I also really like to travel, so when I want some excitement, I go somewhere. But now I have student loans. I find after 12 to 13 hour shifts, I'm too tired to do much. I just