To my preceptor, future students beware (rant) - Page 4Register Today!
- May 21, '10 by jojo78Ohh my-Facebook and Instant messaging at work???
- May 21, '10 by aussiemomHung over? That's not so hot.
- May 24, '10 by whichone'spinkOkay, I plan to do one of these nurse externships after I finish med-surg. What do you guys suggest I do with a reluctant RN preceptor?
- May 31, '10 by loudleoI would be upfront fromthe beginning and ask what the nurse expects from you and let her know your expectations. open communication between the two of you is the best thing.
- Jul 8, '10 by PerthgirlTrouble is, I was always a kind and caring nurse but when I have been a patient myself, got nurses who were not kind. Where is the Karma in that? i put up with bullying in the last workplace, left the job without reporting this senior nurse even though others ahd complained of her. I regret that now and I have been a nurse for 30 years and still couldn't stand up for myself so how hard is it when you are on a ward in a strange hospital at the mercy of someone who is supposed to be looking out for you.
- Jul 12, '10 by hyunjoo82you know what they say... what goes around comes around
that's my life/career/attitude motto and to treat others the way you would like to be treated which is with respect, understanding, and patience
congrats on graduating and i'm glad to hear you at least learned what NOT to do as a nurse/preceptor
- Jul 20, '10 by cassie "star"sad!!!...........
- Jul 28, '10 by Karen20Wow, thanks for that! Ugly situation but all too common. I am dreading my fourth year coming up and I am more "mature" (40).
Apparently there are some nurses that can't wait to destroy their students.
To all of us--we must not be like them--they will retire as unhappy bitter twisted old bags, we will not.