IMPORTANT Pharm QuestionRegister Today!
- by msnsgstudent12 Jul 13, '11i am a second year nursing student. level 1 and 2 pharm were the hardest things for me to learn. we have 50 this semester and have to know damn near everything about each drug. any advice on how to remem things about each drug? there has to be something easier! thank you in advance.
- Jul 13, '11 by WhisperaPut them in categories for what they do. Notice anything repetitive in their names? Notice anything in the names that gives you clues what they do? Then, start learning by category. Make some flash cards with names on front and purpose on back.
Side effects are often "too much of a good thing". In other words, they intended effect is too big. For instance: benzodiazepines calm a person; a side effect is they can calm too much, slowing GI motility, breathing, and making sleepy.
Remember...elimination method is almost always via kidneys, and metabolism is almost always via liver...
- Jul 13, '11 by msnsgstudent12thank you both so much....
- Jul 13, '11 by KUNursingStudentFlashcards! And take them with you even in the bathroom!
- Jul 13, '11 by nurseynursejInvest in the book "Pharmacology Made Insanely Easy" http://www.amazon.com/Pharmacology-M.../dp/0976102900