Here's why you don't want this job.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Here's why you don't want this job. in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Just spent an hr in an interview w/the interview'ees telling me WHY I don't want this job. ...by NocturneNrse Aug 15, '12Just spent an hr in an interview w/the interview'ees telling me WHY I don't want this job. Everything I said - this one woman rebutted w/a negative response as to how that may not "work" for me.. or this won't be a good "fit"..
What the hell was that all about? Anyone ever go through that???? I'm feeling shocked and a bit defeated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=771991©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 15, '12 by beekerRun like the wind! If that is the person you will be working with/for then it would be a miserable environment. If its just HR, push on.
Whose great idea was it to let the Debbie Downer be the interviewer? Seems like a bad idea.
- Aug 15, '12 by TakeTwoAspirinThere is a fair chance that she has already picked who she wants for the job and it doesn't sound like that person would be you!
- Aug 15, '12 by AriesbsnYears ago, yes. Per the lady at the employment agency that arranged the interview, the interviewer wanted people to show how much they wanted the job by contradicting his negative responses with positive information about themselves. He also wanted people who would be assertive. I threw a wrench in his interview when he pulled the "I don't think you will be a good fit" out of his bag of obnoxiousness, I said "You are absolutely correct. Thank you for your time," and walked out. His jaw dropped and he was speechless. In my humble opinion, life is complicated enough without the games.
- Aug 15, '12 by NocturneNrseThanks everyone! I am feeling a bit better.. I should have taken the hint about the vibe of the organization the moment I sat down in the waiting rm and listened to the receptionist complaining to her coworker about this and that and everything else in the company.
Yeah Ariesbsn.. I don't like games either.
It was very clear that she didn't choose me.. incredibly clear. Thank goodness I just went for this interview to "see what else what out there".. imagine if i needed a job.. OMG!
- Aug 15, '12 by mofomeatYep. My first guess is that they are required to post an opening publicly, but they already have someone internally that they will hire for the position. Therefore, any interviews they have with outside people are just going through the motions. Happens in a lot of places.