Does anyone know of a Physical Assess. course?

  1. I am trying to find a continuing ed. Physical Assessment course anywhere in the country but especially in the Chicago area. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
  2. 5 Comments

  3. by   TracyB,RN
    Have you tried some of the community colleges? I know that Joliet Junior College has some mini courses, maybe more like "seminars". It might be too far for ya', but try some closer to you. Hope this helps a little.
  4. by   IL RN
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was signed up for a course at Oakton Comm. College but it was cancelled - not enough students. I need the course before I can begin a Midwifery program.
  5. by   betts
    Look into these first;
    Rush University
    U of IL @ Chicago

    also alot of Universities offer online courses.

    Good Luck
  6. by   e-nurse
    University of Rhode Island Has one for the undergrad program, and I beleive they have one @ the Master's level.
  7. by   Jolie
    You might want to try Northern Illinois University, if that's not too far from you. I took a physical assessment course there as an undergrad, and it was very good. The instructor was Mary Ellen Walters. I'm not sure if she's still there, but she was a fabulous teacher. Good luck in your program!