Bkat - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 21, '07 by roxyroothat would be so highly appreciated...I can't even tell you!!!
- Apr 21, '07 by roxyroothank you for taking the time...I just want to know what to expect.I knew what to expect for nclex, tncc,enpc,acls, etc just by preparing a little bit, and it makes all the difference in the world. I appreciate your effort!
- Apr 21, '07 by crissrn27No prob...........all she could say is no she doesn't have it right? I emailed her, hopefully will her back from her soon, I'll let y'all know!:spin:
- Apr 22, '07 by ffmedicrnI think I can get you a copy of it, let me check. They tried to get us to use it, first telling us itwas for survey purposes only and then saying they were counting it against us. Le me do some checking, we had 2 versions of it. I will get back to you tomorrow if your still interested.
- Apr 22, '07 by roxyrooThanks...all of the nurses in this unit are stressing, and are afraid of being "weeded out" based on bkat scores...this is entirely conceivable . Again, we prepared for nclex, acls,tncc,enpc,etc...why is this so different?
- Jun 6, '07 by jessicasmomIs there any way to get a copy of the content or a list of possible questions that will be on the BKAT, I too am changing from one hospital to another, in critical care and have to take the BKAT, a little nervous bc I don't know what to expect?
- Jun 9, '07 by zozzy777Quote from CriticalCareLucyI have just taken the bkat 2 times in the past monthDoes anyone have Idea what BKAT consists of? Switching jobs, CVICU RN for 8 years...haven't taken one of these for that long? Any suggestions/ideas? Little Nervous!
because i signed up with 2 different agencies and 2 of the hospitals I would be working at required it. I have been in critical care for 11 years and did not find the test too diff. And, if you have been in CVICU for 8 years, you will do fine. There are questions over each body system. I remember a few questions i couldn't answer that were related to CVVH, but the rest were related to things I have been practicing for years.
The test is 100 questions and you can miss up to 20 questions. It is just another test hospitals want you to do because they think passing a test means you know what you are doing!! hehehe!!
Good luck and don't stress too much!!
- Jul 11, '07 by trotchaseHI! I am in the same situation whereas I am nervous about taking this test since I have been out of school for 12 years. I hear new grads do well, but the experienced ones have difficulty. I am looking to obtain a copy for review. Is anyone able to forward a copy? I can't seem to individually contact those on the thread that may have access to one. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would be unbelievably grateful to anyone who can!!!
Thanks and God Bless, Gina
- Jul 18, '07 by risiHi - anyone out there with help preparing for the BKAT 6? I am changing cities and my new facility tests with this tool. Help?