12 hour shift question - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 24 by DEgalRNWhen I did 12s it was all over the place. But as dayshift it was a punishment to do all 3 in a row!
- Apr 24 by CrazierThanYouI work my three night shifts together in a row and then I have my four days off. Some people can't hack it, though. I have many nurses tell me that three in a row is too exhausting for them.
- Apr 24 by jrwestwhere I am we don't get a choice as to group our shifts together( although it didnt used to be that way). So the shifts are interspersed randomly, which stinks. Home,life??? what's that . Married to the job.
I will say that being that I was grandfathered in to a 36 hr workweek, I am allowed to work 3 8's and a 12.
- Apr 24 by Paco-RNAt my hospital, I do three 12s in a row on night shift. It's not a big deal in my opinion. Yes, by the 3rd night you're a little tired but at least we can keep the same group of patients all three nights and the learning curve of your patients by the 3rd night is minimal.
- Apr 24 by CrazierThanYouI'm in a float pool so I rarely have the same patients two nights, much less three, but I still like my shifts together. Also, we make our own schedules, which is a big bonus, especially when I hear other people's schedules!
- May 1 by BrookeRN12I work 12 hour shifts, 3 days in a row, it is awful sometimes, but having 4 days off every week USUALLY makes up for it.