Starting IV's Video Website???

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Specializes in cardiac/education.

Anyone know of anything out there on the web on starting an IV? I am not looking for tips, but for a streaming video to watch. I would appreciate it!! I couldn't find anything myself.:uhoh21:

i don't know about that, the only real way to learn about starting IV's is by doing them. when i first started out working, we used to have IV nurses, who only started IV's. i learned from them. they told me if you can't see a vein then feel for where it is "warm" the vein is underneath. i became very good at it and could get blood from a turnip. i learned how to feel for where it was warm. it takes practice.

starting IV's for me was harder than getting blood because you can use shorter veins for phlebotomy. but if you have already taken the class then the only real way to get good at it is to watch others do it, and practice yourself.

be well

cc

retiring as of june 30 2006:lol2:

22 year veteran:balloons:

Go to www.dogpile.com and click on Video, then enter the phrase IV insertion. There are several videos listed, although I don't have Real Player and can't open some of them.

Specializes in Ambulatory Care, Case Manager.
Go to www.dogpile.com and click on Video, then enter the phrase IV insertion. There are several videos listed, although I don't have Real Player and can't open some of them.

Thanks for posting this website on IV insertion, Eric. I just noticed the date you posted and luckily I was still able to have access to it.

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

Since this thread was first started, I discovered videos on starting IVs and have posted the links to them here: https://allnurses.com/forums/1458776-post6.html

+ Add a Comment