Long island hospital providing free/low cost CNA training?

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hi. I am currently going to Nassau Community College for Nursing. I would like to start working in a hospital as a CNA to gain experience.

Does anyone know of any hospitals in long island (preferably in the Nassau area) where there is free training or low cost training?

I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Thank you.

Specializes in Pediatrics.
hi. i am currently going to nassau community college for nursing. i would like to start working in a hospital as a cna to gain experience.

does anyone know of any hospitals in long island (preferably in the nassau area) where there is free training or low cost training?

i would greatly appreciate your help!!

thank you.

you can try st francis, in roslyn. they hire students as ccp's (comfort care providers), kind of like a cna, but i don't think they certify. at certain times (depending on supply and demand) they will take certain 'types' of students (ie, a bsn student, or a student having completed a certain # of credits), but it doesn't hurt to try.

also winthrop (in mineola). i think they prefer students who have completed at least one semester of clinical. mind you, this is all if you want them to train you. if you got the cna training on your own, i'm sure any of them would hire you.

I worked at both Mercy Medical Center and St. Francis as a nurse assistant. Mercy (CA's) St. Francis (CCP's)...I am not a CNA, I am a nursing student at NCC. They hire at Mercy after one clinical rotation. I believe St. Francis will hire you with no experience. There was one CCP I worked with that had no prior experience in the healthcare field. Either go to directly to the nurse recuitment office or apply on the website:

http://www.stfrancisheartcenter.com/

Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

+ Add a Comment