Wait List for Valencia Community College? - page 4
by Nicki7701 19,545 Views | 38 Comments
Does anyone know exactly how long the wait list is for Valencia Community College??? I know they accept 120 students in the fall and spring and 80 students in the summer....I was thinking of applying there when I finish my... Read More
- 0Dec 8, '10 by michellej_1012Quote from FemlatinaI have a post goingHas anyone started that program earlier the expected. I will be starting in summer of 2012.
Valencia CC Spring of 2011 - Nursing for Nurses
And some one in a reply said she was supposed to start in the summer of 2011 but got moved up the Spring of 2011 with me. Typically its a 3 semester wait but if your one of the lucky ones there is a small chance its only a 2 semester wait.
- 0Apr 17, '11 by drarutt13I have a few questions about the nursing program at vcc.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you have to finish all your pre-reqs to apply?
How long is the waitlist?
Are you guarenteed to get a spot as long as you meet the min. requirements?
Any other information would be great =)
- 1Nov 29, '11 by VCnursing2012I am currently in the program and am almost finished with my 3rd semester. WOOHOO!!! Anyways, when I got in, I had been waiting a year (3 semesters). Some people in the program said they only waited 2 semesters. Now, a lot of people have been saying it's 2 years, but rumors are just rumors so I'd check with the your advisor.
That said, regardless of how long the waiting list is, you do not want to go to any other school (except maybe UCF if you can get in.) I have heard that employers will hire VC graduates over any other 2 year state college in FL. We have a 96% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN boards, which is on par with 4 year schools such as UCF and UF. Also, the program is AMAZING. It is HARD, very very hard, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I will be an amazing nurse when I graduate, that I know for sure.
Words of wisdom for anyone about to start the program:
1. Try and not work if at all possible.
2. Buy study books such as: Fundamentals of Success/Med-Surg Success/Maternal-Newborn Success etc. for your corresponding semesters. The Saunders NCLEX-RN book is a blessing as well. The Reviews & Rationales book are worth it too. By doing practice questions, you will learn how to take a nursing test. In nursing 1 I used the Fundamentals of Success book all the time. A lot of times you don't even need the textbook to study.
3. Books I never used: Taber's encyclopedia, Lab & Diagnostic yellow book, Pharmacology study guide, Maternal-Newborn textbook and Mat-New Skills book... and I think that's it.
4. BE WARNED, Nursing 2 is intense and be prepared to study about 30+ hours a WEEK. 50% of students fail their first attempt at Nur 2.
5. GO TO EVERY SINGLE LECTURE/CLASS DAY!!!
6. GO TO ALL TEST REVIEWS AND STUDY SESSIONS!!
7. Be strong and stay persistent. I promise, as long as you put in the effort, you will do fine. It's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I am so greatful that I chose Valencia College Nursing Program!
GOOD LUCK! STAY STRONG!