Valencia Spring 2013 Nursing Class - Page 6Register Today!
- Nov 6, '12 by bdicenzoThanks so much Greengal!!! I'll see you there!
- Nov 6, '12 by bdicenzoI have a few questions regarding the processes that we need to complete.
First, where is a good place to get a physical? I don't have health insurance and was thinking of just using Centracare for everything since we're being offered a discount. Does anyone know how much the physical itself costs via centracare? Also, I lost my Valencia Student ID, would you advise getting it prior to going in for the physical?
- Nov 7, '12 by Greengal1Before doing anything get your Valencia ID redone (it will save you money). The best prices for most shots are through Centra Care b/c of the discount. You can also get your physical at CVS or Walgreens as well as shots that you may need. During orientation it is my understanding that Centra care will be there to supply us with any shots needed. Don't stress, it took me less then a week to get most everything done as of today you still have a month before the deadline.
- Nov 8, '12 by sexyeveGreengal1: I'm going to take my CPR class this Friday November 9 at the First United Methodist Church is only $38. Also, I have already the physical and the vaccines; also, today I apply for the certified background.
- Nov 8, '12 by Greengal1I didn't see one there for Friday, did you select BLS for Healthcare Providers class? I'm taking with Adams Support Service Employee Training and mine is $45.
- Nov 9, '12 by sexyeveGreengal1: In our orientation package they send us a page with 3 resources where we can take the BLS CPR class. I took it with the CPR for Citizens at CPR & ACLS Academy with the Instructor Rick MCGarity. The telephone is 407-629-5183, he has another class next Saturday the 17th. The cost is only $38 and is only 4 hrs (10am-2pm) and he give you the card the same day when you pass the test that is really easy. I really like the class and he give you practice, different situations and he talk about his experiences was very interesting. Sorry, that you didn't know about it. I hope you have your certified card if not try to call him. In other hand, the only thing that I did not finish is tha background part. I did my app for Labcorp and UPS for my fingerprints but I did not understand the tracker part. Question: I have to download the form that the doctor fill out with all the dates of my vaccines since I was a little girl in every different kind of vaccine. Ex. if I go to Measles (Rubeola) when I press yes because I was born after 1957 then, I have to upload the document via fax or my computer and they ask me the same in Rubella etc. The other vaccines they only ask me of the document. Please I need helpppp, Thanks....
- Nov 9, '12 by Greengal1BLS CPR is done, thanks anyways sexyeve. I would print out the paper and bring it to your doctor to fill out. When your doctor signs they are not saying that they gave you all the shots but that your records show what you had them done and when. I uploaded the same form for ever single vaccine. Press "yes" for both Measles and Rubella and upload the form signed off and everything filled out; the same exact form you upload for all other vaccines like Tetanus/Diptheria. I hope this helps.
- Nov 10, '12 by bdicenzoHas anyone's Academic profile been updated from "pending admission"? If so, when did it get updated for you? Mine still looks like this:
Class Standing: Sophomore Degree: Pending Adm to Limited Acess Level: Credit Program: AS: Pending Nursing Admit Term: Fall 2010 Credit Courses Catalog Term: Fall 2010 Credit Courses College: Post Secondary Vocational Major: AS Nursing, R.N.Last edit by bdicenzo on Nov 10, '12 : Reason: Corrected a Typo
- Nov 10, '12 by Greengal1None of ours has changed, we are all still pending, it will change once we finish Orientation. I'm assuming it will change once they sign us up for classes since we don't do it ourselves.
- Nov 11, '12 by Greengal1Last edit by Greengal1 on Nov 11, '12 : Reason: .