USF, UCF or UF? In a pickle!Register Today!
- by Katsmeow Aug 7, '12Hello,I plan on graduating from my local community college in December and to apply to these schools' generic BSN programs. I have a 3.87 cumulative GPA, 4.0 science GPA and a 4.0 pre-req GPA. I'm also a single parent and I work about 30 hours a week at my part time job. I have had experience in a hospital setting when I volunteered a few years ago and it made me definitely want to pursue nursing for a career. I know nursing programs are competitive and I wanted some advice and experiences. Thank you!
- Aug 8, '12 by nyteshadeYour GPA sounds fine. Just apply to all three. All three are great state universities (I've had friends at each one). Working 30 hours/week can be done while in school, it just depends on your effort, resources and support systems. Good luck!
- Aug 8, '12 by Jmtagg623I would apply to all three honestly. It never hurts to have options. Also have you considered applying to Santa Fe in Gainesville? Its a 4 year college now, offering a BSN program also. I have several friends that have graduated from there and loved it. I grew up in Gainesville but don't live in the state anymore.
- Dec 17, '12 by eauzirusHey MamaKate I just replied another of your threads but I would defintley apply to all three just to be on the safe side. Also I actually attend USF so I'm for sure going to apply there as well as UF. UCF on the other hand is a great school but I live in orlando and that would mean I would have to live at home with my parents and yea I'm not about that life unless its on breaks like now.
- Dec 18, '12 by FLmedI'm a University of South Florida alumni! Go Bulls! All of the schools you've listed have excellent programs! I would definitely apply to all three. I loved my nursing school experience. You will graduate with all the tools you need to be a successful and critical thinking nurse. As you can tell, I am a little biased towards USF.
- Dec 18, '12 by KatsmeowThanks! And yes I do have other threads here going about the same subject that have gotten more feedback. I plan on applying this week since my final grades and AA degree have finally posted to my transcript.
- Dec 19, '12 by eauziruswell that sounds like a good plan I kinda just applied everywhere I wanted to go and sent my previous transcript up till this summer then my schools going to send out fall grades on Friday I figured the wait for admissions was going to be long so why not get a head start.