University of Miami Accelerated BSN 2014
- 0Jul 2, '13 by Susieq_07Hello everyone,
I am interested in applying to the accelerated program for this upcoming year (2014). I am planning to start my application within the next few months and would like to hear from those who have already been accepted or are filling out an application as well. If you don't mind sharing your overall GPA, pre-req GPA and any helpful tips you would like to recommend when filling out the application. Although I am not limiting myself to the U, this is the university I have my heart set on so any information is greatly appreciated. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those applying
- 36,125 Visits
- 1Jul 7, '13 by Tabatha1Hi! I'm applying for spring '14!! I actually started the process but having a couple of other non-nursing degrees and pre-reqs done at a couple of separate schools, it got convoluted doing the 'transfer' app. I'm an older career changer so answering questions about my parents was ridiculous. I'm sure the nursing app is more straight forward. The undergrad one they have you do first was geared for younger students. I would like to know if any of the part time option NP masters can be completed online or in residence.
- 1Sep 10, '13 by jla27I don't see much activity on this thread
I am also applying for spring 2014 accelerated bsn...I'm applying to other schools as well, but have my heart set on The U!
I am changing careers as well...finally managed to gather the courage to follow my dreams.
My GPA isn't that high; between 3-3.5 and I received my Bachelor's in 2010. Did any of you already submit your application?
- 0Sep 11, '13 by SweetjunI too am applying for spring 2014.. However I am considering the summer as well. I have 2 more pre req to take before I transfer. are anyone of you married or have children? I recently got married, a couple of months to be exact. I was just wondering if there are any other newlyweds or mothers applying to this program.
- 0Sep 11, '13 by jla27Quote from SweetjunNegative. Not married, no kids. I am switching careers. I've been at my current job for 9 years. I also applies to the MDC program.I too am applying for spring 2014.. However I am considering the summer as well. I have 2 more pre req to take before I transfer. are anyone of you married or have children? I recently got married, a couple of months to be exact. I was just wondering if there are any other newlyweds or mothers applying to this program.
- 0Sep 11, '13 by missy1242Hey glad to see there are more responses and posts. I am not married and have no kids. I have already applied and Im anxiously waiting. My gpa is around 3.4 and I'm not sure that this is competitive as I know acceptance to this program is highly selective. Has anyone else finished their app? Or been accepted yet?
- 0Sep 13, '13 by rb8806Hey everyone! I also applied to the Accelerated program. When I spoke to someone in the department last week, they said there was a delay in them getting the applications from Common Application so I'm assume we wont hear from them for at least another couple weeks. My gpa is also 3.4 but I am hoping it is good enough for me to get it! Anyone applying to scholarships?
good luck to everyone