Seasonal/Travel jobs in FloridaRegister Today!
- by nursebettie99 Nov 19, '12I am really wanting to come down to the Panhandle this winter to work. Was wondering if you could tell me the names of some good & bad hospitals? I work night shift med-surg. I would consider going to Gulf side too but my 1st choice is the Panhandle. What hospitals do you like & hate????Thanks!!
- 2,445 Views
- Nov 19, '12 by lepidI work in Southwest Florida at the Lee Memorial Health System. Great place to work!
- Nov 22, '12 by ukjenn231I work for Baycare Mobile Pool in the Tampa Bay area, which is gulf side. It's a great place to work as well and the mobile pool does short term contracts.
- Nov 25, '12 by BandnutHi, just read the above posts and have a question for Lepid. Do you have a permanent position there or are you seasonal? I am trying to get a few questions answered about seasonal nursing in Florida, but so far, not receiving any call backs from hospitals I have left messages with.
- Nov 25, '12 by BandnutHi, just read the above posts and have a question for Lepid. Do you have a permanent position there or are you seasonal? I am trying to get a few questions answered about seasonal nursing in Florida, but so far, not receiving any call backs from hospitals I have left messages with.Any help would be much appreciated!Last edit by Bandnut on Nov 25, '12 : Reason: Duplicate
- Dec 6, '12 by FLICURNI don't think they took traveler's when I worked for them but Bay Medical Center in panama city was a pretty nice place to work. Pretty good size hospital with a high tech department. I believe they also just upped their trauma status to a trauma 2 also. Definetly worth looking into. Across town is Gulf Coast Medical center which is an HCA hospital. I have friends from school that work there that seem to be pretty happy with their jobs. The HCA hospital I work for in South FL takes a lot of travelers but I don't know about GCMC. Worth looking into. Pensecola has a large Baptist hospital and also Sacred Heart. I don't know about working conditions, but usually if we had to fly out or transfer a pt it often went to Sacred Heart. Heard decent things about Baptist too. Good Luck if you haven't already found a job. I miss the panhandle so much! We want to get back there as soon as a job comes open within my husband's agency.