Pay for new RN grad with LPN experience in Jacksonville, Florida?Register Today!
- by ss624 Apr 21, '12Does anyone know what the Jacksonville, FL hospitals currently pay new RN grads? What about new RNs with LPN experience?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=700510©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,875 Views
- Apr 26, '12 by traumaRUsMoving to FL Nursing Forum.
- Apr 29, '12 by Squirmy McCoyI don't know how much more you would get paid for LPN experience but starting salary at the different hospitals ranges from $19 to $25 per hour. Baptist pays the least and Shands pays the most.
- Jun 3, '12 by TashaLPN2006RN2012I am a new grad RN as well, and have 6yrs LPN experiance. We are moving to Jax sometime between Aug and Sept. I applied to the new grad RN program at Mayo but was told they always are flooded with apps, but only a couple positions really open. Talked to nurse recruiter at shands, they will only hire new grads (regardless of lpn exp we are considered NEW) twice a year, may and march and VERY hard to get in there because it's a Union. St. Vincent was more promissing, but only if they have Tele or med-surg open, and again flooded with apps. Was told that there are 19 RN programs in the greater area and they all graduated/licensed recently...uggghhh I may just look at some LTC's for the time being when I get there. I'll even go back to night shift if i have to....even the Navy base and the Naval air station Jax isn't hiring right now. I tried to do a GS transfer from the army post here in KY and it was a no-go! Was told if willing to go to Gainsville i'd find something with VA hospital though...can't live that far from family though so don't know what i'm going to do!!!!
- Jun 4, '12 by funnywomanyou may want to consider the VA in Gainesville then wait for something to open up in Duval. Three times a week to gainesville is not all that bad. Just do off base housing.