Miami-Dade College Fall 2013 ADN ProgramRegister Today!
- by tati.lara75 Apr 29Hello Everyone,
I recently applied for the MDC-ADN program. Personally, I applied for three programs (Accelerated, Gen. Full-time, and Gen. Part-time). Hopefully, that gives me better chances at getting into the program. I am so anxious to find out if I got in but I know i have 6-8 weeks before they let us know .. Anybody else apply out there? Would love to meet as many people as possible that would be my future classmates.
- Apr 30 by jayjay16Hi Tati Lara,
I also recently applied to the Generic and Accelerated Programs. I am waiting patiently for them to get back to me as well (fingers crossed). If you don't mind me asking what are your stats? My overall score is a 75.2.
- Apr 30 by tati.lara75Hey jay jay!
Thanks for responding! I think we are all sitting with our fingers crossed hoping we got in. My overall score is: 79.3
Hopefully it's enough...
- Apr 30 by jakagiHi guys, just FYI...There is a thread going already where several have posted their scores under "Alright, I'll start! MDC Fall 2013". I also applied to the Generic Full-time. Good luck!
- Apr 30 by tati.lara75Thanks for letting me know... I'm gonna search for it now!
- May 12 by 2luvanurseI'm so happy I joined this forum I'm super nervous and it feel a little better to know others feel they way I feel with waiting on the letter I didn't score high on my teas and my gpa is 3.27 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a terrible feeling
- May 14 by tati.lara75Hi! welcome to the forum, we have another thread going called "alright ill go first!" which has alot more people writing in it. See if you can join that conversation...Do you know what your overall score is?
- May 14 by mommyhayesHello all....I am presently in the last 8 weeks of the AO program at MDC. Good-luck to you all! I think my combined score was an 84, and I got into both the AO and Generic tracks. I believe most of my counterparts had at least a score of 80. I would just work on the CPR class for now if you haven't done that. The shots/titers/health screenings, you can wait until you get the acceptance letter. In fact, that stuff isn't really that necessary until the program starts. The screenings are really for the clinical sites, so you have plenty of time to get those done. If you want to, you may also want to get at least a flu shot, as most hospitals now require you to get one to attend clinicals there. The Wellness Center can do everything but it's very hectic, and if you have a primary care that can take care of everything for you, I would go that route.
Good-luck to everyone. I was on the site for something else and decided to check this board. I know how anxious I was before I got the acceptance letter! It has been a very quick year in AO but I am looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel. AO is not for the faint hearted and although it has been very fast, it has been a year filled with much stress and many long hours!
Feel free to contact me further when you get into the program for some quick tips before the program starts :-)