Miami Dade College (MDC) Spring 2013 Gen. FT/PT& Accelerated Nursing program - Page 8Register Today!
- Sep 19, '12 by gsamanezWell this is my story i have a gpa of 3.57 and my teas score is 83.....anyways the only thing that worries me is the background check because i have a felony of burglary unoccupied of dwelling =disposition withhold adjudication meaning im not convicted ....and 1 misdeamenor for possesion of marijuana -20 grams = disposition withhold adjudication meaning im not convicted, this records are 6 years old. I need opinions ...? I tried to expunged it but according to the state of florida you cannot expunge burlary unnoccupied of dwelling, but i could expunge the misdeamenor.....anyways you guys think i have chance..? I already tried calling the nursing board and they told me, they cant give me a straight answer, in other words they told me to risk it. I need opinions if anybody knows somebody who succeeded with a record..please let me know....i made a mistake when i was 19, now im 25........i just wanna be succesfull in life
- Sep 19, '12 by joshscHi there,
I can't give you any answers, but when I got my real estate license, I was told to be completely honest when disclosing anything (not that I had anything to disclose). It's possible that you may have to make an appeal and be able to explain where you were and where you are. Maybe you could ask an adviser or even professor how that process works for someone in your case. As it stands now, my recommendation would be to go ahead and prepare that appeal to be ready. Since I don't know how the process works, you can take what I've said with a grain of salt. I wish you luck and which ever way this goes for you, don't give up and don't go back. You've made some great accomplishments and you should be proud and continue progressing and building yourself a prosperous life.
- Sep 25, '12 by joshscYea, that's probably about right. I'm already reading one of the pharmacology books just in case.
I hate waiting.. It would be so nice to know if I'll have to wait another year
I'll be on vacation around the 21st so if the notices go out then, I won't know until the 29th.
- Sep 25, '12 by yaimifutureRnHi Everyone,
I am so nervous im stressed and anxious...... I want to be in nursing school already... I hope we are notified soon.. I hate to wait... Who else applied to the Part time generic??
- Sep 27, '12 by gsamanezthanks guys
- Sep 30, '12 by Elain7I'm sure you will do great. I was admitted last semester for the part time program and never received my admission letter. I went over there to see what had happened and no one knew. So I had to reapply for Spring
- Sep 30, '12 by Elain7I was really angry! But there is a purpose for all things.
- Sep 30, '12 by joshscBelieve me... If I haven't heard anything by the end of October, I will be calling or going over there.
- Oct 1, '12 by nursea92I just called advisement and they said we should receive acceptance emails by mid November. That can't be right if last spring got their emails in October. This wait is killing me!