Miami Dade College (MDC) Spring 2013 Gen. FT/PT& Accelerated Nursing program - Page 4Register Today!
- (W) is for Withdrawal, meaning you withdrew from the class and therefore isn't a grade and wouldn't factor into the calculations.
Micro Lab isn't factored in. It would only factor in if you have more than one W for that class.Last edit by joshsc on Aug 31, '12 : Reason: added detail
- Aug 31, '12 by Karol1147I just turn in my application, but i don't have much hope to get in. I score a 66% on the teas the science part killed me. i focus on A&P 1 and 2 and micro... come test day and the science part happens to be more chemistry and high school biology than anything else. if by much i had maybe 4 anatomy questions it was my first time taking it, and i have 10 years out of high school (i feel sooo old lol) i'm sure that now that i know whats on the test i can retake it and score better. But i really wanted to get in for sprint its soooo depressing i cried so hard . regardless i applied my GPA is a 3.4 and the advisor told me that not many people this term are scoring high out of 5 girls i spoke too that day only one score higher than me, and she scored a 72%. sorry this message is sooo long but feels good to let it all out. If i don't get it this time which i don't have much hope i'll retake the teas pray to score higher and try for the fall
- Hi Karol,
Sorry you didn't do as well as you hoped. If you don't get in and retake the TEAS, I STRONGLY recommend purchasing the ATI practice tests online and the ATI study guide.
And yes, I agree the science SUX!!!!! I just retook it also (scored a 72 which was lower than my first time) because of the science and math (which was more difficult the second time). Plus, the computers all messed up for everyone (breaking our concentration).
Yes, there's lots of chemistry which is unfortunate. Good luck on getting in.
- Aug 31, '12 by ab_aoThank you for clarifying Josh.
that gives me a score of 77, hope it's good enough. I have read on other threads that the cut off is usually low 80s, but who knows this time around.
- Hey everyone. I applied to the the Generic FT and Bridge FT programs. I scored an 80 on the TEAS and my GPA is 3.87. I really hope that I get in =/. Is anyone else applying to the bridge? I feel like everyone is applying to the Generic.
- Aug 31, '12 by ab_aonursea92 i'm applying to both, good luck!
- ab_ao good luck to you too =)
- Generic and Accelerated
- Aug 31, '12 by Cold StethoscopeQuote from nursea92There is virtually no way you won't be accepted into both tracks with that GPA (I assume that's your science pre-req GPA) and that TEAS-V score. They are both very good.Hey everyone. I applied to the the Generic FT and Bridge FT programs. I scored an 80 on the TEAS and my GPA is 3.87. I really hope that I get in =/. Is anyone else applying to the bridge? I feel like everyone is applying to the Generic.
Quote from aexlith.grae3There is not much room for "meant to be" in MDC's ADN admissions. It's a matter of your science pre-req GPA, your TEAS-V score (60%), and passing your background test, drug tests, and health exam. If your competetive score (40% science GPA + 60% TEAS-V score) exceeds the cutoff, then you are in. You are in the running until classes start, as people turn down seats, which are then offered to the next ones on the list.If we're meant to be there, we'll see...glad to be in the same boat...;-)Last edit by Cold Stethoscope on Aug 31, '12
- Thanks Cold Stethoscope! That makes me feel a lot better and confident =)