Miami Dade College (MDC) Spring 2013 Gen. FT/PT& Accelerated Nursing program - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 5, '12 by aexlith.grae3That's comforting to know about pal...let's just wait and see then...hopefully we'll make it...
- Aug 6, '12 by MiamiEThe TEAS can only be take once within 30 days and twice a year. I took mine last week to give me another chance to retake it before the September 1 deadline. I scored alright so I applied last week. Good luck.
- Aug 6, '12 by geisy1840Well good luck!! Let's keep our hopes up. Can't wait till mid October!!!!
- Aug 20, '12 by christy0543Hi everyone! I plan on applying by September 1st but was curious to know how one goes about calculating their overall score.
- Aug 20, '12 by joshscFrom another post on here:
"to calculate your score multiply your gpa by 10. then multiply your TEAS by .6. add them together and that total is out of 100. the top however many students with highest numebrs are gonna be who get in.
ex. if you have a 3.0 and 90% on TEAS to have 30+54(the Teas 90x.6) which is a competitive score of 84. The point 6 comes from the test being worth 60% and the GPA being worth 40%."
- Aug 24, '12 by NCRN1210Hello All,
Applied on Wednesday August 22. Was told 6 to 8 weeks until the start notifying people. So anxious !!!
- Aug 30, '12 by joshscHi all,
I just wanted to mention that I spoke with a friend who got in to the Fall 2012 Gen. program and a few of her classmates made it in with TEAS scores in the upper 60's w/ GPA 4.0 total scores of around 72 to 82.
That bodes well for us at least. btw.. green scrubs are hideous.
- Aug 30, '12 by aexlith.grae3Hi Josh,
Good thing you mentioned this coz it's been a question I had ever since, like how the MDC selection committee for RN program select and screen applicants...is it the combined score that is the basis? Or the science GPA all that matters for those get selected in the generic program? If so, the teas score is of secondary importance only? I'm not saying anything here...but from what you said, the GPA scores are more of paramount importance than the teas scores...anyway, whichever way this goes, whether the selection criteria preselects higher GPAs with acceptable teas scores or with combined score(GPA and teas score) that is really ranked against the whole population of applicants, we stand a really good chance...and hope is the fountain of good perchance as they say...thank you very much for bringing this matter up...;-)
- Aug 31, '12 by ab_aoHi everyone,
Just applied for generic & bridge (just finished doing LPN at MDC)
I have a question about calculating my science GPA.
I know we need to calculate:
A&P 1 & 2 + Labs
so that's a total of 7 grades.
however, I repeated Chem1033 Lecture (W)... do I divide by 7 or 8?
Will this W haunt me forever? :uhoh21:
and what about Micro Lab? do they look at that at all?