MDC vs Nova - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 3, '10 by ForeverinReverieI hope the program is hard at MDC and they try to weed out the weak first. It will mean that they take their program very seriously. MDC doesn't offer the Baptist scholarship anymore because of budjet costs. They do however offer another scholarship that will pay for your entire tuition. The only catch is that you have to work 10 hours a week for them.
For those of that are going to continue past a BSN I think it's a better going to MDC. The time will come to go a fancy school when we need out Master's :P.
I actually still haven't heard back from Nova! At this point I want to know just because I'm curious. I'm guessing though that I did not make it in since I'm still taking summer courses.
It's going to be a tough road for all of us in the long run. It's nice to see all of the support on the website though, rather than competition. We're all coming from different backgrounds and have strengths in different areas but either way we're going to have to study for this test every single day while trying to survive clinicals. It's very exciting to start!
- Jul 5, '10 by jerziana29Nurse1389, I didnt know that MDC doesnt offer the Baptist scholars anymore??? WOW.... so what is the new scholarship that they offer.. i i have a couple of friends that are interested in Dade and they or we were under the impression that Dade was in contract with Baptist. Well atleast they have other plans set up... i think that in all nursing schools the first semester is always weeeding students out.... survival of the fittest! Maybe with Nova it is because of the summer classes.... i mean u never know i still cant figure them out.. they are all over the place. As long as you got in somewhere and are getting an education, who cares at this point. Congrats again with Dade and best of luck.... Nova for me im superrr nervous lol that advanced anatomy and physiology class is a little intimidating, but like i said survival of the fittest. We will survive lol... good luck
- Oct 10, '10 by npachonHi everyone, I got accepted into the Spring term 2011 at MDC Generic FT program! Finally!! They were faster than Nova! I still haven't heard from Nova and I applied in April!! Anyway I was wondering how long the MDC FT program is since it states on the website 2 years but some people say it's a year to a year and half. I'm gonna stop working so I'm trying to plan my budget for the next year or so....
- Oct 12, '10 by ForeverinReverieIt's five semesters so if you start in January of 2012 you'll be an RN (with an associates) by like April or May 2013.
- Aug 18, '11 by IndecisiveInMiamiWait what?? MDC no longer has the Baptist Scholar program???? It's still on their website. I'm confused
- Feb 16, '12 by chasingfirefliesIt depends with Baptist if they need any nurses or if they have the money. But they only offer this scholarship as far as I know every Spring for MDC ADN Generic Full time. I am in the program right now got accepted Spring 2012.
- Feb 17, '12 by tnbutterflyMoved to FL Nursing Programs forum for increased discussion.
- Feb 24, '12 by ZeppHead8The Baptist Scholars Program IS still in existence, as of Spring 2012. It's offered for MDC students starting the ADN fulltime generic program (no accelerated, no part-time, no transitional) in the Spring Semester only, not fall. Baptist also offers the program to Barry and Nova BSN students. Baptist will decide how many to take based on need. Right now there are 29 in the MDC program. No one can say what their plans are for 2013, but there's no reason to expect that the Baptist Scholarships won't be available for the coming spring as well. Hope this helps!
- Mar 9, '12 by JmiamiThe MDC generic is 5 semesters? On the web it says that it's 4. Does this mean that they don't hold classes over summer semester, only during fall and winter semesters?