McFatter LPN Program - page 5
are there any current students enrolled in mcfatter's lpn program? can you pretty please give any information? 1. how much time have you dedicated to the program, are you wrking? 2. does the curriculum include... Read More
- 0Sep 17, '11 by Hmmc4Hey Nickymad1,
Wow, thats not good about fin aid. I had to call them again cuz I hadn't heard back from them & it had been like 2wks. They still didnt have my info & she needed 2 find out why it hadnt come back yet. She did end up calling back (I think) the next day & they finally got it. I was gonna make a trip over there next week, just working on getting more papers together that she told me I needed on top of the other stuff. LOL. I can imagine that it is crazy over there. But the lady I spoke to never mentioned coming in Oct??? I asked to make appt & she said walk ins Mon - Thurs, Fri appt only. That is weird.... Mid Oct??? I hope we dont have to wait till then. We have to register on the 24. That means paying that day......
Thanks for updating me! I was wondering where u've been I will let you know any info I get when I go over there next week.
- 0Sep 17, '11 by Hmmc4I know it is overwhelming......thinking about everything. You can go to the browars school website, browardschools.com & get the school calendar. McFatter follows that. I already had it cuz my kids are in a broward county school. Did you know that we will get a whole week off for Thanksgiving? The BCSB just changed it from the 3 days to the whole week!! If you cant find the calendar let me know & I can email it to you. Praying01 got her uniforms, but I know the feeling of wanting to see them in person. LOL. I asked her about the collar (pp), like the teal ones, luckily there is no collar on the new ones
- 0Sep 19, '11 by Praying01Hmmc4
Yes I sent you a private message, still don't see it?? Classes are going very well, we're covering basic critical thinking procedures and concepts. I didn't not have to take core, with them, so I have no info for their core class. But as far as the Nurse Orderly it's very good and the readings are a lot but definitely doable if you work 20hrs or less. The book and review book for Nurse Orderly are 978-1-4160-5228-9 & 978-1-4160-6234-9. I bought mine at www.half.com it's ebay affiliated.
Can't help with the financial aid process srry ;-(
Uniforms are purple, no ugly collar, scrub set
I have no idea of how the day grp professors are
So far, so good!!
Idk what else to add, but anymore ???'s let me kno. I will try my best to reply in a timely manner :-)
- 0Sep 20, '11 by Hmmc4Praying01,
HI! No, I didnt get a private msg. Very strange. I even logged out and logged back in (I have AN on my phone & I am always logged on, LOL). I sent you a private msg as a test to see if it would work.
I am glad that classes are going good. When did you finally start? I bet you are so happy to finally start!!! Thanks again for the info & the Nurse Orderly books. I am def gonna look into those. I have actually picked up some used books on half.com just to have as extra reference, like the made incredibly easy books, for like .75 cents! Couldnt pass that up
- 0Sep 20, '11 by Nickymad1Hey guys just got back from mc after and I picked up the book list and finally sat with financial aid! The supplies for core and block one from the bookstore will be $473.68. This is including one set of uniforms and prizes vary by size. You can't try on the uniforms before which sucks! Shirts are $22.87 and pants are $15.25 that's for the two biggest sizes 3x and 2x. I don't know if they run small or large so ....... Anyways uniforms are not used until the begining of block one so regular clothes for core which is 4 weeks. The books may change again so I suggest not purchasing books until later in October.
Financial aid: They are not meeting with anyone of the November class until mid October! She would Not even take any paperwork from me until then. :/
I'm going to go back on October 13 to turn in my required paperwork and visit the bookstore once again.
- 0Sep 20, '11 by Hmmc4Hey Nickymad1,
So they may change our book list? I wonder if it is to newer editions?? It seems that they are changing a lot for our class. LOL. That is odd that we cant try on uniforms. I guess I will be buying one set to make sure they fit before I buy anymore. I was gonna get 2 or 3???
Guess I wont be wasting the gas to make a trip over to the school yet? I remembered, the lady @ fin aid told me that things changed for fin aid this school year as far as documentation. That could explain the back up at the fin aid office?? I wonder if our money will even get to the school in time to register and get books & supplies....
I think we should prepare ourselves for plenty of waits at the school when we go to the bookstore and fin aid in Oct, we may be waiting a while
Thanks you so much for keeping me updated with info, I really appreciate it!!
- 0Oct 19, '11 by Nickymad1Hey Hmmc4!
Have you started the financial aid process yet? I met with them on monday and they are supper quick and nice. You need your W2, Tax return, Highschool Diploma and your Fafsa. I wonder how long it will take for it to kick in? I hope to see you on Friday on 9:00 am sharp!!!!