McFatter LPN Program - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 17, '11 by Hmmc4Hey Nickymad1,
Wow, thats not good about fin aid. I had to call them again cuz I hadn't heard back from them & it had been like 2wks. They still didnt have my info & she needed 2 find out why it hadnt come back yet. She did end up calling back (I think) the next day & they finally got it. I was gonna make a trip over there next week, just working on getting more papers together that she told me I needed on top of the other stuff. LOL. I can imagine that it is crazy over there. But the lady I spoke to never mentioned coming in Oct??? I asked to make appt & she said walk ins Mon - Thurs, Fri appt only. That is weird.... Mid Oct??? I hope we dont have to wait till then. We have to register on the 24. That means paying that day......
Thanks for updating me! I was wondering where u've been I will let you know any info I get when I go over there next week.
- Sep 17, '11 by Nickymad1I just realized that we will have about 5 weeks for school this year! I guess next year will be really hectic. Has anyone looked at the calendar? Does anyone have a visual of what the uniforms look like? I have so many questions that I'm going to make a list.
- Sep 17, '11 by Hmmc4I know it is overwhelming......thinking about everything. You can go to the browars school website, browardschools.com & get the school calendar. McFatter follows that. I already had it cuz my kids are in a broward county school. Did you know that we will get a whole week off for Thanksgiving? The BCSB just changed it from the 3 days to the whole week!! If you cant find the calendar let me know & I can email it to you. Praying01 got her uniforms, but I know the feeling of wanting to see them in person. LOL. I asked her about the collar (pp), like the teal ones, luckily there is no collar on the new ones
- Sep 19, '11 by Praying01Hmmc4
Yes I sent you a private message, still don't see it?? Classes are going very well, we're covering basic critical thinking procedures and concepts. I didn't not have to take core, with them, so I have no info for their core class. But as far as the Nurse Orderly it's very good and the readings are a lot but definitely doable if you work 20hrs or less. The book and review book for Nurse Orderly are 978-1-4160-5228-9 & 978-1-4160-6234-9. I bought mine at www.half.com it's ebay affiliated.
Can't help with the financial aid process srry ;-(
Uniforms are purple, no ugly collar, scrub set
I have no idea of how the day grp professors are
So far, so good!!
Idk what else to add, but anymore ???'s let me kno. I will try my best to reply in a timely manner :-)
- Sep 20, '11 by Hmmc4Praying01,
HI! No, I didnt get a private msg. Very strange. I even logged out and logged back in (I have AN on my phone & I am always logged on, LOL). I sent you a private msg as a test to see if it would work.
I am glad that classes are going good. When did you finally start? I bet you are so happy to finally start!!! Thanks again for the info & the Nurse Orderly books. I am def gonna look into those. I have actually picked up some used books on half.com just to have as extra reference, like the made incredibly easy books, for like .75 cents! Couldnt pass that up
- Sep 20, '11 by Nickymad1Hey guys just got back from mc after and I picked up the book list and finally sat with financial aid! The supplies for core and block one from the bookstore will be $473.68. This is including one set of uniforms and prizes vary by size. You can't try on the uniforms before which sucks! Shirts are $22.87 and pants are $15.25 that's for the two biggest sizes 3x and 2x. I don't know if they run small or large so ....... Anyways uniforms are not used until the begining of block one so regular clothes for core which is 4 weeks. The books may change again so I suggest not purchasing books until later in October.
Financial aid: They are not meeting with anyone of the November class until mid October! She would Not even take any paperwork from me until then. :/
I'm going to go back on October 13 to turn in my required paperwork and visit the bookstore once again.
- Sep 20, '11 by Hmmc4Hey Nickymad1,
So they may change our book list? I wonder if it is to newer editions?? It seems that they are changing a lot for our class. LOL. That is odd that we cant try on uniforms. I guess I will be buying one set to make sure they fit before I buy anymore. I was gonna get 2 or 3???
Guess I wont be wasting the gas to make a trip over to the school yet? I remembered, the lady @ fin aid told me that things changed for fin aid this school year as far as documentation. That could explain the back up at the fin aid office?? I wonder if our money will even get to the school in time to register and get books & supplies....
I think we should prepare ourselves for plenty of waits at the school when we go to the bookstore and fin aid in Oct, we may be waiting a while
Thanks you so much for keeping me updated with info, I really appreciate it!!
- Oct 19, '11 by Nickymad1Hey Hmmc4!
Have you started the financial aid process yet? I met with them on monday and they are supper quick and nice. You need your W2, Tax return, Highschool Diploma and your Fafsa. I wonder how long it will take for it to kick in? I hope to see you on Friday on 9:00 am sharp!!!!
- Oct 19, '11 by Hmmc4Hey Nickymad1 !!!!
I think I was there Mon or Tues, LOL. I am not sure how long it will take, I hope it doesnt take too long. Yes, I will def see you Fri. I cant believe it is almost here!!
Do you have any idea how long orientation will last?
- Oct 19, '11 by Hmmc4Oh, and I finally got my BLS out of the way. What a relief to get that done I did go over to bookstore and I asked about trying on uniforms. We are allowed to try them on before we buy them