Has anyone heard back from FSU (Florida State University) nursing yet? - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 2, '11 by suejaxDid anyone get mail from FSU ?
- Apr 3, '11 by sohopeful27I have not....I checked yesterday but nothing yet. There were terrible storms the other day which I'm thinking may have postponed it. Fingers crossed for Monday ...I am so scared lol
- Apr 4, '11 by PleadingandPrayingNot yet...The mail lady didn't even come near to my neighborhood on Saturday! Hopefully later today! Fingers crossed!
- My daughter is a sophomore at FSU and they received their letters on Friday, so people from out of Tallahasse should be getting theirs today or tomorrow. Yes, she got in! There were 650 applicants and 150 accepted. I am a nurse myself, if instructors were paid as much as hospital nurses, I would teach, but I can't take a huge pay cut to do that. That's why admission is so competitive. Good luck to you all!
- Apr 4, '11 by sohopeful27I didn't get in....:'(
- I'm sorry sohopeful27, my daughter's "plan B" at my suggestion was to go into occupational therapy, it is still only a masters as opposed to a doctorate like physical therapy and they get paid more and don't have to work nights or weekends, or holidays. Hope everything works out for you.
- Apr 4, '11 by PleadingandPrayingsohopeful27, that sucks! I haven't heard yet, but my overall gpa and prereq gpa are almost exactly the same as yours, so my hopes are pretty low at the moment.
As for Geminancy, that's actually a pretty good idea! I'll look into it! Out of curiosity, what was your daughters gpa? If you don't mind telling of course! And congrats to your daughter!
- Apr 4, '11 by sohopeful27thank you so much...please give congratulations to your daugher, you must be one proud mama
And pleadingandpraying..don't lose faith, everything happens for a reason good luck!
- Thanks for the well wishes, I am a proud mama. My daughter's GPA was 3.88, I think she definitely had an advantage in that she was there the last two years even though they say that that doesn't make a difference. She lived in the nursing living learning community dorm (you apply for that as a freshman) and joined prenursing leaders, two things you can't do if you aren't already attending. Don't forget, there are 500 applicants that I'm sure were very qualified, but didn't get in
- Apr 4, '11 by suejaxI didn't get in, but I had 4.0 sicence gpa and 4.0 prereqs gpa. 3.77 total gpa... I thought I was gonna get in.