Florida National College ASN 1 year program - page 3
by nonyrn 40,275 Views | 160 Comments
Hello to all, I'm interested in the ASN program at fnc. I would like to know the opinions from the current students and grads. I contacted the adm. office and this is what they mention to me. The program is regionally... Read More
- 0Mar 30, '11 by yanes2011pleasee somebody help me i pass my TEAS EXAM THE VERSION 5 WITH 83 % I AM ONE OF THE FEW THAT PASS THE TEST . I APLLYING FOR THE RN PROGRAM I HAVE MY INTERVIEW APRIL 12 BUT I NEED SOME FEEDBACK . THE THINK IS THAT I HAVE TO RETAKE ALL THE PREREQUISITE AGAIN BECAUSE FNC IS GIVING PRIORITY TO THOSES STUDENT THAT ARE TAKING CLASSES SINCE THE FIRST SEMESTER. I MEAN LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT CAME FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL IS GOIGN TO BE A DIFFERENT THINK. SO PLEASEE I NEED FRIENDS HERE IN THE SCHOOL AND PEOPLE THAT GUIDE ME , I JUST CAME FROM CUBA I IS DIFICCULT FOR ME . THANKSSS THANKKSS
I HAVE A QUESTION ? IF IN THE INTERVIEW YOU ARE ACCEPTED , WHAT IS THAT MEAN THAT YOU ARE IN THE PROGRAM ?
ALSO WHATS IS THE COLOR OF THE UNIFORM. I KIND OF LOSS.
GIVE ME ADVIVCED FOR THE INTERVIEW. I"M GOIGN TO SOUTH CAMPUS
- 0Apr 29, '11 by NetymoDoes anyone know if you have to do all the requirementS there or you have to transfer them? At fnc. Because I took most at Miami dade but I didn't do so well. And I'd like yo just start over but everywhere I go I have to transfer my credits from Miami dade and my transcript is not the best. Any advice? Thanks
- 0May 20, '11 by ChrisSosaHey people,
ok im going to check FNC South Campus next week since its walking distance from my house and i also want to do the nursing program ....just some quick questions ....
1. What is the passing score at FNC for TEAS test?
2. I have the McGraw-Hills Nursing School Entrance Exam .PDF do you guys think thats a good book to study from?
3.Do you guys take the TEAS test once you get in the program or once your done with your prerequisites and about to start your core?
4. Is there an entrance exam for the nursing program besides the TEAS test?
5.whats the Male and female ratio in the school?
6. I was thinking about doing my ASN first then doing my BSN so i can have some job experience and make some money...what do you guys think?
7.Would you guys recommend this school?
8.Is there a waiting list? :'( if so if im done with my prerequisites you think i will get a "seat saved"?
9.what GPA do you have to maintain in your classes before you get into core?
10. Can anyone get accepted to there nursing program?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
-Male Nurse in training.lol
- 0Jul 8, '11 by mylittlenursingOk I am an student at hialiah campus and not I am not Cuban lol. Just kidding. Ok seriously I am gonna tell you a little about my journey. First the program is one year and it just started in Agust 2010 , now the prerequirments like anatomy and physiology, chemistry, nutrition started long ago. But the real one year program just started the day I mentioned. It was easy for me for the simple reason the program was so new I start in January 2011 and I going to finish in December. I am in the second group witch means I started in January. I want t o make that clear because the program did not started in January or December 2009. I hold a AA from Miami dade college ,so I transfer all my pre req. I took the teas version 4. I bought the book from the teas and an additional guide and I passed with 78 percentage. I have to be clear cuz I was ridding other post and they mentioned It was a easy test, well I may be a fool cuz I Stadied hard but not because it was extremely difficult but the teas test have sciences that I have never seen before like geology and are simple questions but you have to study , do not think your regular knowledge is going to guide though the test because it is a very specific test and I have to be clear too it is not a nursing test it is more like general it has geology and rock formation chemistry a little, protons, neutrons and nucleo. The genetics just a few questions about alleles rececive or ... Math ratios, algebra, and a few equation and yes baby you have to study it is a hard test that has especifics that you never saw in college, but as soon as you pass for the material you make it familiar and you can pass it with no problem ,now I was told the new version 5 it is more difficult.
Financial aid yes you have to ask for your stanford loans and additional if you have your grants that complete everything. With me was a little difficult cuz I could not get the grand for January so I had to pay 602 a month for the first three months and then I received the grand for 2011 and they accept it so now thank god I have to pay just 36 dollars a month for the rest of the year,
No financial aid do not cover books but buy they on Internet. I spent 250 for all my book in amazon and they were brand new.
Prepare 870 for: ATI package , vaccination, background check, ID's, uniforms, hiv class, ossa class, cpr class note: u can have a friend with the ATI books you still have to pay because it is an ATI for each class that It is worth 10 points and in order to take it u have to pay. Yes I am living in my living room and I rented my two rooms sacrifices but I love it. And not it is not cover by financial aid
I love to be in here for the simple reason I got a C in a lab with a gap of 3.7 and MDC, BArry, Fiu, UM did accept me. I was loosing my hope and I was trying to go back to study portugues and thank god they accepted me. I just go the first semester 3 nights form 6 to 10 and from 5 to 10 , clinicals in the first semester were more flexible but Oneida de new director is getting more strict with that.
Clinicals are really good or well depends with nurse you have , listen some of them are angels that want to guide u others are bitter mean people, recommendations: in clinicals do not fight , do not say anything fly under the radar, if u have a problem talk to ur instructor . It is not worth it to get kick out the program cuz u start a figh or ur call a nurse Fu$& bit&$ happened in my school no nice but she did not get kick out but better just be quite and do what iti is intruct to do it. I had a problem with a nurse she said to me nursing is about cleaning poop, cry and suffer. inside of me I said u need pinga mija, but I did not said anything a she got madder I went to my instructor and both laugh, so do not fight it is a lot miserable nurses, jelosy is a big issue here more if you are young. They want you mad, please do not make then happy , I had a guy in palmero hospital he was teaching me to put IV's, labs, inyect, everything and you always find a great nurses out there too.
I love to be here it is a little college but nothing to envy to FIU, Berry, UM, or other huge universities, I have classmates that got kick out form berry, MDC, BCC, and they love it here and remember u just need to get ur lic. Then u can do your bachelor online Florida national college offers it too, it is online but too expensive.
Rumors: I cannot say it is true, but waiting list until 2013, that they are accepting first people that took pre req. In the school from 2009 as mentioned above, that you have to repeat all ur pre req. If u are not from school.