CNA to LPN programs?Register Today!
- by atulowiecki Oct 5, '12Does anyone know if there are CNA to LPN bridge programs in the Tampa/Orlando area? I've only searched online and haven't found that much information on anything?
- Oct 5, '12 by TheCommuterI've never heard of a CNA-to-LPN bridge program anywhere in the United States. They generally do not exist due to the extremely short length of CNA programs.
Your best bet is to call all of the LPN programs in the cities that you have mentioned and ask the admissions representative if any credit or advanced placement will be issued if you already possess CNA certification. Good luck to you.
- Oct 7, '12 by nhinds2At Erwin Tech if you take their CNA course and are going to LPN they will have you start about 2 months later in the program because the first part of LPN is basically what CNAs cover.
- Oct 9, '12 by NurseNicole89I personally have never heard of CNA - LPN programs. Your first quarter/semester of nursing school will be easier because that is teaching most of your fundamental skills (positioning, bathing, bed making, toileting, ambulating etc) but you still have to take all of the required nursing classes. From what I understand there are only LPN-RN, LPN-BSN, RN-BSN, RN-MS programs that exist once you are a nurse. Good luck!
- Jan 13 by DizzymooseQuote from atulowieckiI agree with the others and do not know of a CNA to LPN program. PTEC (Pinellas Technical Education Center) offers a LPN program. In your search you may have seen this school, along with GALEN, Kaiser, ITT. I went to PTEC, so can only reference that program.Does anyone know if there are CNA to LPN bridge programs in the Tampa/Orlando area? I've only searched online and haven't found that much information on anything?
The first few months cover Nursing Aide and those who went to an approved CNA program do not have to attend that portion. The student has to have attended an approved CNA program, having a CNA license will not excuse students from that portion of the program.
Here is a link to PTEC
Practical Nursing | pTEC | Pinellas Technical Education Centers
- Jan 14 by adoRNo2b2015Never heard of this either.