Certifications to boost up a resumeRegister Today!
- by SENSUALBLISSINFL May 13, '12Hello everyone... I just graduated two weeks ago . I am getting ready to study for the boards...will take 2-3 months to prepare.
In the meantime, I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on the type of certifications I can get to boost up my resume. I plan to become ACLS certified.
With your suggestions if you can also let me know where I can take those certifications, it will be appreciated.
Thank you and have an awesome day.
- Jul 27, '12 by SENSUALBLISSINFLIV course. This course is offered through the LPN program but not the RN's (not sure why not). Would a course like this help?
- Jul 27, '12 by lhasa1956CCRN, or CEN and you can take the exams through the AACN.
- Jul 30, '12 by SENSUALBLISSINFLIhasa, please do not laugh, but I have not clue what those intials stand for. Please tell me what they are.
I just took an ACLS course 2 days ago, so that will go on my resume. Most are requiring this in South Florida, if you can get a job here that is. The market for jobs for us new graduates is really challenging.
- Jul 30, '12 by llgCCRN is the certification for critical care nursing and CEN is the certification for emergency nursing. You need to have a couple of years experience in those fields before you can get certified in them.
- Jul 31, '12 by SENSUALBLISSINFLThank you for the clarification llg.
I think after having my ACLS done, I may consider also PALS after I pass my boards and just concentrate on getting some classes out of the way to enter for BSN. That is the best I can do for now.
You all have a wonderful blessed day.