Can or Should I apply for a LPN job before I apply for License?
- 0Jan 3, '13 by GoosbyLPNI want to relocate to Miami area but dont have to the money to just pick up and move without a promised job. I have family there but dont want to be a burden. You think I wll get call back without or while applying for my license.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by NurseRobinSUCCESSMost of my former classmates that moved to Florida (Miami and Ft.Lauderdale) applied to jobs in those areas without having a license. They were granted temporary licenses until they passed NCLEX. They were able to work while waiting those looong 4-8 weeks to get their ATT numbers. I would advise applying before moving.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by GoosbyLPNQuote from GoosbyLPNThanks , so ur saying apply for license and then applyI want to relocate to Miami area but dont have to the money to just pick up and move without a promised job. I have family there but dont want to be a burden. You think I wll get call back without or while applying for my license.
- 0Quote from GoosbyLPNMy boss said she couldn't technically let me work as a nurse until I was licensed in Florida it shouldn't take that long so I haven't tried for a temp license or anything I just have all my resumes & whatnot ready for when Florida says I can work u should call the BON to make sure
Thanks , so ur saying apply for license and then apply
- 0But also we have alot of nursing homes and clinics here in Panama City that hire LPNs it's really only the 2 hospitals here that don't & if they do it's like only prn or like to do the newborn hearing screenings but like my homegirl is a new LPN she got an offer from the annex (jail) &
They were willing to pay her good
For being a new lpn straight out of school & like my sister in law didnt really have a hard time and everyone keeps telling me when I do put my resume out all these diff places are hiring so idk ur in ATL right? PC is about 5 hours away u should check it out
- 0Jan 4, '13 by GoosbyLPNQuote from CYoungLPNThat sucks...yeah I'm here in Atl...I just don't have $213 right and didn't want to just pick up and move without a leadOh & I work at a PPEC (pediatric prescribed extended care) facility it's tiny but they hire LPNs & RNs the only reason I won't be working there full time is cause we are fully staffed my boss hired a new LPN a week before a passed my boards (darn) lol