Broward College New Student Advice - Study Now? - Page 6Register Today!
- Dec 26, '09 by WantadegreeI will be starting at South Campus this Spring, i'm very nervous because I'm still having problems with medication conversions. Do you go over math conversions as a class lecture at all?
- Dec 26, '09 by sunraygurlRNYou should have registered for MTB1370 (when you registered for NUR1020 and NUR1210) which is a 4 week math course. In the course, they will go over the math problems in class. Plus, you can go to the library and see the tutor there for any extra help you may need. I'm pretty sure south campus has one. North does.
- Jan 13, '10 by tracie0305Hi,
Yes you will definitely understand the math better after you take the 4 week math class. However, it is very fast paced so if you don't understand a concept ask for help immediately. I know a lot of people who fail out because of math. Everytime you start a new clinical which is every 8 weeks, you have to take a math test and score no less than a 90%. If you get below that the first time, you get a second opportunity and if you fail the second time then you have to retrack. So definitely know your math because it doesn't end until the program is over!!!
- Jan 20, '10 by spoon64OMG!!! That was a wealth of information....I will be taking this but it will be another year before I start. Just started...and what a long path it seems to be...BUT THANKS....Wonder how often they change books or do you think if you have the funds it would be welll worth getting the books and still studying .....Couldnt hurt RIGHT?
- Jan 31, '10 by labrador4122oh I wish you all the best of luck!
I remember being a student there & during clinicals we always ran into RN's who were once students from BC as well.
We are definitely more relaxed after school-
About the books-------
People used the old versions in my class and they were fine.
I am a little mad-- in one of my classes, the teacher is using a older edition of the book, and he wrote a question on the test that was word for word on the old book--- and it wasn't on the newer edition.