Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando?Register Today!
- by NICU_Nurse Mar 1, '04Does anyone have experience with or advice about APH in Orlando? Thanks! Anything would be fantastic!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=59150©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,338 Views
- Mar 2, '04 by southRNflchickI worked for Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando for a little over four years...I love this hospital, and hope to return someday. It's an excellent teaching hospital and very geared toward educating its staff and nurses. They recently added a Ronald McDonald house, and have broken ground on a brand-new, state-of-the-art hospital for women and children.
Hope this helps, and good luck!
Quote from NICU_NurseDoes anyone have experience with or advice about APH in Orlando? Thanks! Anything would be fantastic!
- Mar 3, '04 by NICU_NurseThank you!
- Mar 3, '04 by AccelBSN04I work at APH as a clin tech right now before I finish my BSN later this year. It's a great facility and expanding very quickly. They are currently building a huge addition to their urgent care facility, going from "urgent care" to level I trauma center in the next 18 months, and thus almost tripling their ED staff. The pay is a little less than Florida Hospital but I think the differentials are better. Base pay for a brand new GN is $17.60. Not sure what the midpoint is, but I know it increases a decent amount after your first year or so. Their computer system leaves much to be desired, but they are upgrading it to a Windows-based system in the next 9-12 months.
Overall, I think it's a great place to learn. Staff are extremely friendly on every unit I've been on. I did my peds clinical at Florida Hospital South and thought it was an ok floor, but APH has impressed me more.
Hope that helps answer your questions!
- Mar 4, '04 by NICU_NurseYes, thank you! I really appreciate your responses. :kiss