Anyone Trying To Get Into Atlantic, Sheridan, or Mcfatter 2012-2013? - Page 11Register Today!
- Sep 28, '12 by LegacyJSWhen you called mcfatter what department/person did you speak?
- Sep 29, '12 by Doeeex3Crossing my fingers for atlantic!! And I called and asked for the medical offixe secretary thats who has our folders and whos in chargeof everything
- Sep 29, '12 by LegacyJSok. Thats who i spoke to as well. I guess i just have to wait.
- Oct 2, '12 by pookypSo decided to go into sgeridan and turn in my paperwork in case something happens with Atlantic. *sigh* I don't know why I keep wasting my time with them. I guess cause it's closer to my house. Anywho, went to talk to the PN counselor. You have to jump through more hoops and spend more money.
First of all I turned in my physical to her. (A copy of mcaffters.) She says theirs is 'outdated' and that they require a 2 step PPD. After the first you have to go back and get a second PPD 1-3 weeks later. So my physical won't be accepted till that's done. Also your physical and health paperwork has to be signed by the Nursing head herself and looked over by her before turning in.
She also asked me if I took core classes yet. I said no, but I'm a CNA. Again. she said she doesn't know if they'll accept that and I have to ask the department head if that's ok. If not, I believe that has to be completed before you start the program. But not to turn in the packet.
She thought I was a single parent, (I look young) and I told her I was married. Because she was trying to say if you don't have help you're ish out of luck. She says "What are you gonna do about her?" Pointing to my daughter cause I brought her with me. I said me and my husband are discussing it. So she told me about the daycare they have their on campus that I signed my daughter up for. There's a LONG waiting list but it's only $50 a week which is cheap.
The counselor said are you sure about this? You know you're not going to have a life for a year right? You're signing your life over you know that right? She said the SAME thing in orientation. "You don't have to be a nurse! There are other health careers out there. Not everyone can handle it. Just because so and so says you should be a nurse doesn't mean you should. It's intense and it's not easy!" She was a mess. Anyway just giving my little update
- Oct 2, '12 by Doeeex3Wow that is so rudeeeeeee!!!! Does mcfatter or atlabtic have a daycarr of.campus do u know!????? Thatd be the only good thing about sheridan. I,cant believe u need all of that. I jad to pay for shots cash so I wouldnt even bother eiththat. Wow such a hassle for a school with a bad reputation. Horrible. I really hope the ither schools have a day care thatd be soo good!
- Oct 2, '12 by pookypQuote from MrsCordero04Nope. Just Sheridan with the daycare. if Atlantic had one it'd be great. I think they said there was one across the street from Atlantic. Don't know how much they charge though.Wow that is so rudeeeeeee!!!! Does mcfatter or atlabtic have a daycarr of.campus do u know!????? Thatd be the only good thing about sheridan. I,cant believe u need all of that. I jad to pay for shots cash so I wouldnt even bother eiththat. Wow such a hassle for a school with a bad reputation. Horrible. I really hope the ither schools have a day care thatd be soo good!
- Oct 3, '12 by LegacyJSWOW yeah rude indeed, Lord help me because i think i would have to tell her about herself!!! Need to learn to bite my tongue
- Oct 3, '12 by pookypYeah. She uses the excuse that she's from New York and that she can be very sarcastic and blunt. Whatever.
- Oct 3, '12 by pookypGot my acceptance call from Atlantic today! Gonna get my tax transcripts tomorrow and see what financial aid has to say about how much I could receive.
- Oct 3, '12 by Doeeex3Yay!!!! I got mine toooooooo!!!!! I guess well be in class together!!!!!!! Im going to wash my hands with mcfatter because I rather have no school on fridays so I can attend a class at BC. How exciting when are u going to financial aid??? I got my transcript like 4 days after I ordered it. Tell me what happens with financial aid and what we need for it!! Ahhhhhh im so ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!