Accepted to the LPN program in FL
- 0Dec 26, '12 by rachel8908I have just been accepted into the LPN program at Lake Tech, in Eustis FL. I have my associates degree, and have taken all prerequisites to the RN program except Microbiology and A&P 2, when I finish my LPN I plan on immediately doing the LPN-RN bridge at the local college. I have chosen to take this route because of scheduling. I can't wait to get started! Any advise on things I should brush up on before the start of the program?
- 5,035 Visits
- 2Dec 26, '12 by VictoriaFL84Hi! I go to Lake Tech right now, I love it! I'm in the same boat, I've finished all my RN pre-reqs and am going to bridge right over when I graduate.
I'd start reading up on A&P, that's where most people have huge difficulties.
Good luck and congrats!
- 0Dec 27, '12 by VictoriaFL84The TEAS test was pretty difficult but I bought the TEAS study guide book and a sample from their website. That helped a lot!
To get an interview into the LPN program, you only have to score the mean or higher of all the test takers. For my group the mean was only 50 something % so it was pretty easy in that regard.
- 2Dec 29, '12 by rachel8908Thanks! I am excited and ready to get started! I will be in the full time evening class that start March 14 and graduates in February!
@ makc88 , just keep studying your teas study guide and do the practice test, and you should do fine!
- 0Jan 12, '13 by rachel8908I do have a couple of questions, but since I have not posted 15 topics I can't private message yet, so here they are.
1-how much time do you spend studying
2-are clinical's as tough as everyone says they are
3-does lake tech allow laptops in the classroom.
4-are you allowed to have any colored stethoscope or does it have to be black?
5-where you able to find white scrubs that are not completely see through?